Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 bugs (Pathplayer and Customize Split)

Hey!

I'm using DVD Fab v8.1.2.9 Qt Beta made a backup of Desperate Housewives Season 7 Disc 5 Region 4 DVD-9, which ended in a size of 7484 MB with PathPlayer ENABLED. It was weird because the original size is much bigger, so I decided to try with PathPlayer DISABLED, and the size changed to 7965 MB, even though the DVD had the same numbers of tiles (and duration of each) after enabling or disabling Pathplayer.

The weirdest thing is that when I selected one title (the same one) in 2 DVD Fab sessions (one with pathplayer enabled and another with it disabled) using DVD Copy -> Customize, the size on each one was different by 400 MB, the one with pathplayer disabled one was bigger, even though they had the same duration, audios and subtitles and it was the same title as I previously stated. The same thing would happen with most (if not all) tiles: ones would be bigger than the others.

Other real examples of this season (Pathplayer Enabled - Pathplayer Disabled):
    DISC 1: 6.33 GB - 6.33 GB
    DISC 2: 7.63 GB - 7.80 GB
    DISC 3: 7.47 GB - 7.53 GB
    DISC 4: 7.47 GB - 7.48 GB
    DISC 5: 7.31 GB - 7.78 GB

Another important subject I'd like to mention is that the newer versions of DVD Fab (probably since the graphic interface changed, "Qt" versions) have 3 rows of check squares instead of two at the DVD Fab -> Customize Split option (I don't know if that is the correct way to call them, but you will understand what I'm talking about soon).

To see the third (hidden) row, you need to right click > Select All titles at the customize split option.

I haven't been able to figure out how this bugged thing works yet... I've had to use older versions of DVD Fab (8.0.8.5 worked fine if I remember correctly) that only shows 2 check squares because this error hasn't been corrected in weeks, apparently no one noticed it, minds it or took the time to report it.

PS: If someone needs me to send all the .IFO of the discs, or at least disc 5, send me a PM, but I have seen this happening with several movies, also, PathPlayer is hardly needed to make a working copy, I usually disable it all the time since it tends to remove titles.

Thank you for your report, i'll give feedback to devs.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thank you Ning (;

Btw, will I need to send INFO files again? Maybe from disc 1 to 5, or that's unnecessary as it happens with lots of movies from what I have seen?

I sent disc #5 info files via DVD Fab, but I didn't get an answer, and to be honest i have sent INFO files from several discs several times (let's say 5 times). I only received answer one time, long time ago, so I gave up sending.

Comment

Please try v8.1.3.0 Beta for the PathPlayer issue.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hey signals
          I just tried that version and it still has the two same bugs
          Size with pathplayer enabled is 7484 MB instead of 7965 MB

Comment

It should not a bug for the size difference.

PathPlayer will remove all unplayable content, the disc may contain some dummy content since the author doesn't remove them when authoring.

Do you notice content removal when playing the backup?
            DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
            http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

With further investigation, I found out that I was wrong about the titles having different sizes: I had forgot to take into consideration the MENU SIZE (size of the dvd without selecting any title). PP disabled: 605 MB. PP enabled: 123 MB (much more logic)

I'm almost certain there is no content removal since there are the same number of titles, duration and sizes with or without PP enabled.

I have, however, seen content removal of unnecessary stuff, like warnings, in other DVDs when PP isn't supposed to remove that that. I will keep an eye on how it behaves and let you guys know once I find something weird.

Don't forget to fix the Customize Split check boxes. I have found that if I click any check box in the first row of check boxes (hidden at first), DVD Fab will crash.

I have also figured out how this bugged version of Customize Split works, and thought of a workaround:
              1. Uncheck every box in the 2nd row (Disc 1)
              2. Right click anywhere in the titles area and click Unselect All (This will make the 1st row (hidden) appear.
              3. Now you can select titles normally in the disc 1 check boxes. Disc 2 check boxes seem to work correctly from the beggining.

Comment

Originally posted by xHaLiOx View Post
                With further investigation,
                Don't forget to fix the Customize Split check boxes.
                yes, its a known bug.
                also, we can get more information about pp from , i think.
                Last edited by IPopov50; 11-01-2011, 03:51 AM. Reason: Fixing quotes

Comment

Working...
                X