Dr. Zhivago takes a long time to open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. Zhivago takes a long time to open

I loaded "Doctor Zhivago" in my DVD drive to make a DVD Copy. It displayed the Open DVD Source pop-up but it's been 25 minutes and it still has not opened. I first tried this in 8.1.2.6 Qt and then upgraded thinking that might help, but it didn't. The disc plays in my DVD player. I can also read and write other discs using the same DVD burner without issue.

Does anyone else have this problem or can verify?

Thanks!

Try disable pathplayer since it is an older movie.

Comment

Initially, try cleaning the disc (even if it looks pristine).
      Another common and simple fix is to disable PathPlayer
      (or enable if already disabled).

If no luck, click on the Tips link in my sig and go through the list

I did this flick years ago, but I can't try to reproduce it right now since most of my dvds are still packed away from our recent move.

//Edit
      Sorry wolfeman, didn't spot you in time
      Last edited by maineman; 11-04-2011, 01:04 AM. Reason: Slow
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Post the DVDFab internal log related to this movie.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I already cleaned it with no trouble.

Wolfeman, you are awesome!!!! Success! Once I restarted, it came up within 5 seconds.

Forgot about this fix from the initial pathplayer days. Now I just have to make sure I remember to set it back when done.

Comment

Working...
          X