Le Mans is pillar boxed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Mans is pillar boxed

I just backed up "Le Mans" on my NSD to play on my Boxee box. It has black bars on top, bottom, and sides (pillared or hard letterboxed?). I know it's an older DVD and is like that for the old 4.3 TVs but is there a way I can adjust it so it will play normally through my Boxee? Thanks, I did search and saw some ideas about this, but it really didn't jive with my issue.

About the only thing I can think of is use DVD Ripper to convert it to an MP4 or something else the Boxee will play and use the cropping controls to remove all the black bars. It won't look as good as a more modern DVD due to all the pixels wasted in the original (encoding the black bars). I did an old "widescreen" one like this last week.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Awwww, so you know what I'm talking about Signals... Actually it didn't look to bad with the smaller picture on my larger screen, I was just hoping there was something I could do about it. For some reason when I play it on my DVD player it corrects the image on my widescreen TV. Must be the DVD player doing it though, I wonder if Boxee will do a patch for this. Thanks, I guess I will go with the smaller picture than suffer image quality.

Comment

Sounds like the DVD player is upscaling it to fill the screen or your TV has an automatic zoom function, like the old Archos handheld players. Not much you can do with these. The original Goodfellas Region 1 was this way. The one I did last week was The Grass is Greener. The giveaway is when it looks like widescreen but DVDFab reports it as 4:3.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X