Windows XP freezes at start of DVD Fab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows XP freezes at start of DVD Fab

I have a XP box I do all my copying on. I have had problems since the QT versions came out. Not sure why. Anyway This last time I would launch DVDFab and it would hang my whole computer... no keyboard no mouse no nothing. I would have to hard shut off and back on.

I am running an Intel chip with 2 Gigs of ram, and an ATI HD3800.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program till I can do it blindfolded. I have tried the Reg fix and still does the same thing.. so I reinstalled Windows XP and just loaded DVDFab it worked for a bit and now it does the same. So I installed a newer version of DVDFab (the one on the website) and I still get the same thing... I have no idea what's causing it because no logs are created.. I have also uninstalled the Video Drivers, and still the same, also the 256 colors was no help.

Any ideas? DVDFab tech support has not been forth comming I wrote them the first time and they just said reinstall.. and blah blah.. same ol same ol.

Thanks,
    Marc

Log file.

BTW this is the log file for DVD Fab

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/07 23:07:24)

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/07 23:37:12)

0m 06.14s: error: create module(514.00) failed(514.00 3)
    0m 06.20s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/07 23:47:44)

0m 04.51s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 19:26:43)

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 19:30:57)

0m 04.50s: Qt Translator file load success
    0m 04.78s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 19:40:50)

Comment

Hi Scavenger
      Make sure that you have the latest drivers for your GPU and all the latest updates from Microsoft.

Did you also install as administrator?
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I installed the latest Graphics Drivers and updated everything I could on Microsoft.. Same thing... then I uninstalled the Graphics drivers again, and It did come up once but wasn't working well... log looks like this.

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/07 23:07:24)

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/07 23:37:12)

0m 06.14s: error: create module(514.00) failed(514.00 3)
        0m 06.20s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/07 23:47:44)

0m 04.51s: Qt Translator file load success

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 19:26:43)

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 19:30:57)

0m 04.50s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 04.78s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 19:40:50)

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 22:17:19)

0m 06.51s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 06.70s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
        0m 26.75s: warning: invalid gpu detect handle
        1m 09.70s: detected dvd
        1m 09.75s: drive E
        1m 09.75s: dvd type 1
        1m 09.75s: volume label BRICKS
        1m 10.75s: got copyright 1 f6
        1m 12.32s: got udf/iso
        1m 13.82s: got discinfo
        1m 13.82s: pathplayer enabled
        1m 19.96s: detected dvd
        1m 19.96s: drive F
        1m 19.96s: dvd type 1
        1m 19.96s: volume label
        1m 26.70s: got dvdinfo
        1m 26.87s: opened dvd
        1m 27.15s: css adjustment
        1m 27.15s: failed to send challenge: sensekey 05 asc 64 acsq 00
        1m 27.36s: css adjustment
        1m 27.36s: failed to send challenge: sensekey 05 asc 64 acsq 00
        1m 27.56s: css adjustment
        1m 27.56s: failed to send challenge: sensekey 05 asc 64 acsq 00
        1m 27.76s: got copyright 0 0
        1m 27.76s: got udf/iso
        1m 27.76s: failed to open disc 203
        8m 29.21s: detected dvd
        8m 29.29s: drive E
        8m 29.29s: dvd type 1
        8m 29.29s: volume label BRICKS
        8m 48.12s: got copyright 1 f6
        8m 48.79s: got udf/iso
        8m 50.12s: got discinfo
        8m 50.12s: failed to open disc 1

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 22:26:32)

0m 01.90s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 01.93s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

DVDFab 8.1.3.6 (2011/12/08 22:32:57)

0m 02.00s: Qt Translator file load success
        0m 02.48s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1

I exited it and restarted it, and it just locks up again, rebooted then tried, and the samething... again it's just XP (updated, and drivers installed where needed) and DVDFab (latest Version).. not even adobe reader or anything has been installed.

Thanks for trying to help me get this working,
        Marc

Comment

Hi Scavenger
          Not sure if this will help but try disabling Path player.
          Open Fab Click the Green top right > Protection > Path Player click Disable Path Player click OK restart Fab and try again, just remember to set it back to Always Enabled.
          Hope this helps
          CBR929

Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

That's just it I can't even get it to boot at all... it starts loading drivers (blue screen with the monkey picture) and the drivers start loading, and then it freezes the PC.. I have no control at all I have to use the power switch to shut it off. I never even get the console screen up. It has been this way through reinstall.. OS wipe.. new versions... I can't get the console up at all.

Thanks for the assist.
            Marc

Comment

Try starting DVDFab with no disc in the optical drive. It is having problems reading the disc or communicating with the optical drive, possibly both.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I have done that too... No disks in either drive. I can't understand when everything else works fine.. no hardware issues before I wiped it I had games and other programs... this has been the only one that had issues. I wiped it just for this program, and it still does it. Downloaded it a few times to make sure it wasn't a bad download aswell. always does the same loads drivers locks up and since it does that no way to get any real error list or message.

Comment

Sorry you are having trouble. Some XP users had similar problems when the Qt versions first came out. I still have an XP (SP3) laptop and Fab works OK on it (no windows updates allowed since Jan. 2011). Search the forum using the advanced search tool to check for solutions that they found. Also, look in the activity logs if you have any anti-virus/security installed on the XP machine.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I don't have any anti-virus or anything else other then DVDFab. I have searched the boards and tried about anything that applies.. but still it happens.

Thanks for trying to help, at least I know I haven't missed anything in this.. heh.

Marc

Comment

I have also just tried a Reg cleaner, and uninstalled the video and DVDFab again.. and reinstalled the latest of everything and I get the exact same thing. I have written tech support and that's what they told me to do... again. I have also ran a reg cleaner and once again applied the xp patch and still does the same thing. It hangs so hard it won't even answer a ping to the machine. If I knew what was going on I would know where to look but I have no idea since it frezzes the computer I have to hard boot every time. and there is no record of anything other then everything just stopping.

This is really frustrating, and not even a number to call and get any tech help. the email help with them is not going well they seem to always send back the same answer and if you are lucky it's 4 days before you hear anything.. if they even answer.

This whole PC is built to just run this one program.. that's it nothing extra at all. and still it won't run. No idea what to do next.

Thanks for the help here,
                      Marc

Comment

Hi Scavenger
                        I understand your frustration, it is hard to diagnose the problem when it happens to some but not for others.

What did you use as a registry cleaner?
                        My suggestion is to use CCleaner if you did not.
                        Have you checked your DEP settings?
                        Do you have any ?in device manager indicating a missing driver?
                        CBR929

Comment

Look in your BIOS for AHCI controls. If it has any settings for this, try putting it in Legacy mode if it allows it.

Turn off UAC, turn off DEP, turn off Autoplay.

These steps are a little extreme, try them, along with registry cleaners, at your own risk. Sorry you are having trouble.

Comment

@signals
                            Windows XP doesn't have crap like UAC.

Probably an error when accessing optical drive, you can disable it for testing.
                            人生は贈り物であり、完全な喜びを経験する必要があります
                            Life is a gift and should be experienced in full joy

Comment

Well I completely wipped the system again... installed XP from scratch again, and didn't install anything no patches video drivers nothing.. I installed DVDFab and it came up.. and I've been worried about if I shut it down it won't come up again.. so it's working.. but I wonder if I exit if it will load again. I guess when I want to run DVDfab I will just have to wipe and reinstall my system. third time I have had to do this.

I don't remember the regclean I used.. and I have checked the bios some time back but I don't remember what's on and off. I know I don't have autoplay.. (heh I hate that thing)

I also know during the start up of DVDfab it never hits the rom.. it never lights.

Thanks for all the help.
                              Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X