Incompatibilities with Clone CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incompatibilities with Clone CD

After I install Clone CD 5, DVDFab will not show a DVD as having been inserted, although the log file shows it recognizes it. Instead, the little window just says "analyzing media" or "please insert disc or select folder, etc." If I close DVDFab and try to re-start it, nothing happens after the splash screen.

If I go to Task Manager, there are two instances of DVDFab listed as processes, neither of which can be stopped other than by re-booting the computer, which also hangs to the point that I have to power off manually.

In order to use Clone CD 5, I have to set a System Restore point before installation, install and use Clone CD and then restore the system to the previous state before trying to use DVDFab.

I am running Win 7 Ultimate on a Toshiba L745D with 4Gb of RAM 64 bits.

dvdfab_internal.log is attached.

Thanks for the great software!
    Attached Files

Many users are having problems with Toshiba laptops, there is another thread about it somewhere. Most of them are getting BSOD. Not sure about the other software, not our department.

Here is the other thread about Toshiba laptops: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ewpost&t=14064
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

EdwardBe
      Please try the following:
      • Install ImgBurn if you do not already have it. It is free.
      • After installing, open ImgBurn and under Tools, select "Filter driver load order"
      • On the page that opens, select "Copy to clipboard", then paste the results into a new post.
      Something may be interfering with DVDFab's access to the optical drive; this may help identify it.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Try with DVDfab 8.1.5.2

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          EdwardBe
          Please try the following:
          • Install ImgBurn if you do not already have it. It is free.
          • After installing, open ImgBurn and under Tools, select "Filter driver load order"
          • On the page that opens, select "Copy to clipboard", then paste the results into a new post.
          Something may be interfering with DVDFab's access to the optical drive; this may help identify it.
          Attached. I performed the operation several times, pre and post Clone CD install and following the usual required system restore to get DVDFab to work again...

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

The problem seems to be the ElbyCDIO driver or something that the other software is leaving behind, although I have had it installed in the past with no problem. If you remove the Toshiba driver, what quits working? You can use the Remove button in ImgBurn->Tools->Filter driver to remove any of them, reinstalling the software (in the case of Elby) or a restore (in the case of the Toshiba driver) will put them back. Experiment with these drivers at your own risk, it can have unpredictable effects. DVDFab requires unblocked low level access to the optical drive to work correctly, anything that interferes with that (as these filters can) will cause a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              The problem seems to be the ElbyCDIO driver or something that the other software is leaving behind, although I have had it installed in the past with no problem. If you remove the Toshiba driver, what quits working? You can use the Remove button in ImgBurn->Tools->Filter driver to remove any of them, reinstalling the software (in the case of Elby) or a restore (in the case of the Toshiba driver) will put them back. Experiment with these drivers at your own risk, it can have unpredictable effects. DVDFab requires unblocked low level access to the optical drive to work correctly, anything that interferes with that (as these filters can) will cause a problem.
              Actually, since DVDFab is working fine, now and ImgBurn can do anything Clone CD can do and more, I will just use ImgBurn from this point on rather than gamble with removing drivers.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to work on this problem!

Ed

Comment

Working...
              X