Problem 8.1.5.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem 8.1.5.6

When I launch the program I get a screen that says windows cannot find C/programs dvdfab/options/dvd2exe I have ti X out of this screen 5 times to get the program to run after which the progran runs fine I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I get the same thing.
    Your help would be appreciated Thank You

I am running Windows 7 ultimate
    Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2012, 02:57 PM. Reason: merge two post

I can't duplicate this. Be sure to download the file to your HDD before running it and select Run As...Administrator.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Should I uninstall and strt over or reinstall over the top?

I reinstalled now the only way to start the program is to start it in run as admin mode

Is there a way to bypass the UAC permissions window when starting the program?
      Last edited by Guest; 01-17-2012, 06:45 PM. Reason: 3 one line post merged

Comment

Originally posted by shoe View Post
        When I launch the program I get a screen that says windows cannot find C/programs dvdfab/options/dvd2exe I have ti X out of this screen 5 times to get the program to run after which the progran runs fine I have uninstalled and reinstalled and I get the same thing.
        Your help would be appreciated Thank You

I am running Windows 7 ultimate
        I am having the same issue, I have to X out 5 times until it will run. It also resets my licences to 1-15-2012. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. No change. The bete versions since the end of last month have all had the same problem. If I revert to 8138, it works fine.

Comment

Originally posted by stansher View Post
          I am having the same issue, I have to X out 5 times until it will run. It also resets my licences to 1-15-2012. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling again. No change. The bete versions since the end of last month have all had the same problem. If I revert to 8138, it works fine.
          I can get it to open if I right click and select "run as administrator" But I have to do this each time to make it run. It also has my proper license data when run as administrator.

Comment

Right click on the program select properties then select compatabilty then click run as admin ok and apply you will still get the uac screen when you launch the program but at least it will run every time

Comment

Originally posted by shoe View Post
              Right click on the program select properties then select compatabilty then click run as admin ok and apply you will still get the uac screen when you launch the program but at least it will run every time
              Thanks!

Comment

just installed 8.1.5.8 all is well

Comment

that worked thanks

Comment

That worked for me too, but i don't see that as an acceptable solution to have to "allow" the program to run every time I want to use it.

Comment

I agree

Comment

Try turning off UAC and check the rest of your "security" settings in windows.
                        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I turned off UAC and the program works perfect

Comment

Working...
                          X