Toshiba Portege R835-P70 DVDFab BSOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toshiba Portege R835-P70 DVDFab BSOD

I have three new Toshiba Portege R835-P70 Core i5 laptops each with 8GB RAM. All three of them crash with a BSOD in DVDFab. None of my other computers crash. I've tried using external DVD writers, but still get that BSOD. I've also tried disabling the auto-eject as suggested in an older thread, to no avail. Any ideas?
    Thanks.

dvdfab_burn_vso

Attached are the two logs. Can anyone help?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi maxdugan
      Please make sure that you are using the latest version found here http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=16449

You may also try setting up ImgBurn as your burn engine it is "free" and you will find instructions on setting it up with Fab in the link in my signature.
      Hope this helps
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Many recent Toshiba laptop users have reported similar problems. If you have not, please contact Toshiba concernng this problem, since it only happens with their laptops.

You can also try installing ImgBurn as suggested by CBR929. When you have it installed, see if it can find your Sony drive (it will be n the large text box below the main ImgBurn window). Also, in the top ImgBurn window, find Tools in the menu bar and select "Filter driver load order" from the list. In the window that opens, press the "Copy to Clipboard" button and paste the results into a new post.

The log shows that your drive is in PIO transfer mode, which may or may not be correct, but if it is true will interfere with DVDFab's communication with the drive. Ask Toshiba how to change it from PIO to UDMA or DMA mode.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          The log shows that your drive is in PIO transfer mode, which may or may not be correct, but if it is true will interfere with DVDFab's communication with the drive. Ask Toshiba how to change it from PIO to UDMA or DMA mode.
          Hi signals
          I think that the PIO is a bug, logs show a burn rate of almost 8X and that is what the OP requested, so that is why I did not suggest the OP to do anything about it.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

That may be true, but I have not seen it on anything but logs from these Toshiba laptops. There is something odd about the way they manage I/O to the optical drive (or possibly the drive itself).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X