'clone' or 'full disc' option?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'clone' or 'full disc' option?

i want to back up my collection and them use a media streamer to play the movies. the streamer will play

AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4)
    MPG/MPEG
    VOB/ISO
    MKV (h.264, x.264, AVC, MPEG1/2/4)
    TS/TP/M2T (MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1)
    MP4/MOV (MPEG4, h.264)
    M2TS
    WMV9 (VC-1)

is it better for me to back up using 'clone' or 'full disc' option?

Looks like your player will handle VIDEO_TS folders or disc images. I would suggest folders, they are slightly smaller and take slightly less time to make. If you don't mind the processing time, h264 in a MP4 or MKV container can also look very good and will be much smaller. The originals will still look and sound better.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Looks like your player will handle VIDEO_TS folders or disc images. I would suggest folders, they are slightly smaller and take slightly less time to make. If you don't mind the processing time, h264 in a MP4 or MKV container can also look very good and will be much smaller. The originals will still look and sound better.
      so just use the full disc option and create a folder rather than an iso? i prefer not to convert due to the laptop being a few years old and taking an age to convert (and get very hot!)

when you say originals you mean rip using the full disc option (at 100%) to a folder?
      Last edited by alphabetagaga; 02-13-2012, 07:14 PM.

Comment

You have it. Click on the folder icon in the Target line and select where you want it to go. Select DVD-9 as the output size.

And yes, I was talking about the original format as opposed to one that has been converted to MPEG-4. I have had good luck with my media player and VIDEO_TS folders. You can use Full Disc if you want all the extras, I use Customize mode to remove most of the junk. You could also use Main Movie.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
          X