This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can anyone "really help"

Ok, I've been reading these posts for about the last month and they are all the same - All of a sudden people can't copy DVD's anymore. On all of them, the responses are the same - "We can't help you if you don't help us".

I'm like all the rest out there that aren't technophobes, but all the advice is try this, try that, if that doesn't work, try this.

Everyone just wants the @#$&% thing to work like a normal program should without going in and experimenting with everything they don't know anything about.

I have the same problem as others, about the same time I upgraded, or tried copying one of the movies that others have had problems with, it won't work anymore. Have copied numerous others prior to that with no hitches, and now bam - nothing works, not even ones that worked before.

I haven't kept track of all the error messages but the ones I'm getting tonight when I finally decided to try again after making sure I have all the firmware updates for my burner is "Task 2_failed! error=122" I'm on 6.2.0.5 paid now.

I've tried both enabling and dis-enabling pathplayer like some of the posts have said to do.
    Does anyone have any simple advice???
    Last edited by AGJ; 12-02-2009, 06:10 AM. Reason: removed foul language

Okay lets try to help. What version of dvdfab are you using?

Comment

sorry my bad what dvd are you trying to copy.

Comment

A Task 2 error is generated by the VSO burning engine. That particular error (122) means that the drive reports that it was not able to complete the power calibration routine that it runs for each blank disc. There are many possible causes for this including bad media, media unsupported by the drive firmware, dirt on the lens of the drive, failing laser in the drive and probably more. If you have another drive, try that. If you have different blank media, try that. If you are willing to install ImgBurn, a free burning application, try running it in standalone mode. After complaining about the help, you still failed to post any of the logs that might shed some light on the problem. The instructions for this are in the Help Us Help You document, as we have told so many others.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok, I "get" that you're frustrated and I seriously doubt anyone blames you for that.
          On the other hand, you bitch and moan when other members say try this or try and because you say it's not simple.
          We're all just users trying to help or get help.

What makes you think writing code to break encryption in an ever-evolving war with the commercial studios and all the while try to remain compatible with the almost infinite variation of systems out there...is simple?

Sorry, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm all out of magic wands and pixie dust.

Wait for an update or revert to a previous version...or...roll up your sleeves and be willing to get a little dirty.
          Last edited by maineman; 12-02-2009, 05:34 AM.
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thats what I was looking towards. I had the same error before cheap blank d/l's with vso. Changed to Imgbrn and worked great. Looked like lots of help was given.

Comment

Wow, you guys respond fast! You are all right, I'm just frustrated. I'm been checking in on the posts every so often trying to see if anyone has a quick and simple fix - because I was too lazy to get my hands dirty. I'll read the "help us" thing and do a little research and get back to you since I don't know how to find all the data others are putting on the posts for the messages.

It could be a burner and I currently don't have another one I can try, but maybe I'll try using it to burn some data or something with another program. It just seemed so coincidental that a lot of people were having the same problem with the version change and some particular movies that caused nothting to work.

One quick question about the img burn - is that a completely seperate program that runs without the use of DVDfab or does it integrate with it somehow? I have to read those posts on how to do it, but just wondering.

Comment

I wasn't sure if I should mention the movie this all started with, but it was about some robots that are from a nother planet and some of them help humans and protect them and some of them just want to destroy everything. All of them can change into cars and other stuff. I upgraded versions at about the same time and since then nothing copies.

Comment

Yes Imgbrn is a seperate program that you can run together with dvdfab. ( a setting change is needed for this ) or you can decrypt to your hard drive and burn back ups using imgbrn as a stand alone.

Comment

DVDTB are you talking about Transformers 2 revenge of the fallen?

Comment

Download and install the latest Beta release

DVDFab 6.2.1.0 Beta is out (December 1, 2009)

After that try again using ImgBurn as the burn engine. Here is the link

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDab to work together

and watch the Youtube Video on how to use DVDFab with ImgBurn

Comment

that is the correct title.

Comment

Did you have a look at any of the info that AGJ has posted for you?

Comment

Not yet - I had a few thing I needed to do. I'll try that tomorrow night as I'm going to bed now. Thanks everyone for the help.

Comment

My bad

Well, SIGNALS may be on to something. I tried using Roxio with my external burner to burn some data, then to try and copy a music CD. Both of them failed, so it could be my burner causing all the problems.

I may have jumped to conclusions when I saw other people having problems that sounded very similiar to mine.

Anyway, I ordered a new PC last week that is arriving on the 15th that has its own burner, so I'm going to hold off any more trouble shooting until I try it with that one.

Thanks for all your help everyone.

Comment

Working...
                              X