splitting up a dvd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

splitting up a dvd

i've got a dvd that has 5 episodes on it, each selectable from the menu when played in a dvd player. i want to back up this dvd but split it so each episode is 1 iso file, totalling 5 iso files.

normally when i have a dvd with episodes, dvdfab will allow me to select the episode i want and create an iso from that. with this particular dvd when loaded into dvdfab, all that comes back is 1 x 2hr 30min option (the 5 episodes total running time)

is there aomething in fab i can change, is there another way to do this or is splitting this particular dvd up not possible?
    Last edited by alphabetagaga; 03-11-2012, 01:07 PM.

This is not DVDFab's fault, it is the way the DVD is authored. You can still break the episodes up, usually by chapters, using Customize mode and the Title start/end button. You will need to check the epsodes with the Preview window to see the chapter numbers on which they begin and end.i
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

many thanks that is just what i was looking for

Comment

You are welcome. If you will give some examples of shows that have this problem, the developers may be able to change something that would make them easier to copy.

The chapter numbers are listed just above the small preview window. You could also use Total Media Theater or some other software player to find the chapters.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X