QT Versions Will Not Scan For Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QT Versions Will Not Scan For Media

I can’t get any of the QT versions to scan for DVD media. When I put a DVD in any drive, under Source, it still reads “Please insert DVD disc or choose DVD folder/image file”. If I select the folder I want to open from the DVD drive it reads, “Failed to open…”.

I have other DVDFab versions on my computer (v5.2.5.0, v6.2.1.8, v8.0.7.3) and they all scan for DVD media properly. I have the default source setting the same in all versions.

The QT versions did work before I installed v8.1.6.6 Beta. I installed several older QT versions after v8.1.6.6 hoping the problem was in the new Beta but now none of the QT versions will scan for media. I uninstalled the newest QT version and did a fresh reinstall and I still have the same problem. What did I do wrong?

Try going into "common settings" and click the default button at the bottom, restart Fab and see if that works.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes, I went to common settings and clicked the default button and then restarted DVDFab but there was no change.

Comment

Hi Senor Bag
        Did you install Fab as administrator?
        Is you drive selected in settings? Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings >DVD/Blu-Ray> Drives.
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Yes, it was installed as administrator.

Under Common Settings >DVD/Blu-Ray> Drives, I have three drives listed in the following order:

K:
          F:
          E:

All have a green checkmark in their respective boxes. The E: and F: drives are optical drives in my system. The K: drive is a virtual drive.

The E: drive is listed as the default drive under Common Settings>Info. All the drives work fine in other applications.
          Last edited by Senor Bag; 03-12-2012, 01:47 AM.

Comment

I’ve uninstalled v8.1.6.6 QT and then cleaned the registry and then performed a clean reinstall of v8.1.6.6 QT and that did nothing. I’ve disabled pathplayer and then restarted DVDFab and that didn’t work either. I’m using XP SP3 and I have never before had a problem with any of the QT versions until now. All of the DVDFab versions prior to QT continue to work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Senor Bag View Post
              Yes, it was installed as administrator.

Under Common Settings >DVD/Blu-Ray> Drives, I have three drives listed in the following order:

K:
              F:
              E:

All have a green checkmark in their respective boxes. The E: and F: drives are optical drives in my system. The K: drive is a virtual drive.

The E: drive is listed as the default drive under Common Settings>Info. All the drives work fine in other applications.
              As I recall from a previous thread, uncheck the Virtual Drive then save your settings.

The reason for this is cause for some reason DVDFab was trying to check the Virtual Drive instead of the actual drive the disk is inserted into.

I don't recall if this problem was ever fixed or not. But I have kept mine unchecked ever since seeing that post.

Hope that works for you.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                As I recall from a previous thread, uncheck the Virtual Drive then save your settings.

The reason for this is cause for some reason DVDFab was trying to check the Virtual Drive instead of the actual drive the disk is inserted into.

I don't recall if this problem was ever fixed or not. But I have kept mine unchecked ever since seeing that post.

Hope that works for you.
                Thank you for that idea. I had not thought to give that a try. Unfortunately, it did not change a thing. I tried selecting the drives (and unselecting) in all different combinations and it changed nothing. One thing I thought was curious is when I clicked on the default tab, that automatically unchecked all the drives. However, selecting the default tab also made no difference.

Even when I manually select the E: drive using the folder button or the disc buttons (with a DVD in the drive) an error message pops up that says, “Failed to open E:\”. DVDFab is just not communicating with any of the drives. Thanks for the help. I'm running out of ideas!

Comment

Hi Senor Bag
                  Have you tried changing the I/O settings in Fab? Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings >DVD/BluRay > Read at the top.

Mine is set on auto, try changing to ASPI or SPTI click OK restart Fab and try it again.

Do you have a graphics card and are the drivers up to date?

Can you right click on the DVD Fab icon on the desk top and run as administrator to get it to work.

Any logs generated at all from Fab, is so can you post them?
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Hi Senor Bag
                    Have you tried changing the I/O settings in Fab? Open Fab click the Click the Green at top right corner of the DVD Fab screen, and open Common Settings >DVD/BluRay > Read at the top.

Mine is set on auto, try changing to ASPI or SPTI click OK restart Fab and try it again.

Do you have a graphics card and are the drivers up to date?

Can you right click on the DVD Fab icon on the desk top and run as administrator to get it to work.

Any logs generated at all from Fab, is so can you post them?
                    CBR929
                    BINGO! It looks like you found the answer. I changed the setting from Auto to ASPI, did the restart and it started to scan the source disk as it should. I had just downloaded my graphics drivers in case something got corrupted there but it looks like you found the problem! Thank you very much!

Older versions of DVDFab that work are set to Auto on my system. I wonder why QT requires the setting to be in ASPI rather than Auto? And why did it work before in Auto using QT but suddenly now needs the ASPI setting?

I need to leran more about how this all works to avoid such problems in the future. Thank you again!

Comment

Auto defaults to SPTI. You might try that setting also, to see if the problem is in the "Auto" logic. Some other program may not be releasing control of the drive or the SPTI I/O.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Your welcome, happy burning.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                          Auto defaults to SPTI. You might try that setting also, to see if the problem is in the "Auto" logic. Some other program may not be releasing control of the drive or the SPTI I/O.
                          When I use DVDFab v 8.0.7.3 I can have the I/O mode set to Auto, SPTI or ASPI and it works fine in each instance. With DVDFAb v8.1.6.6 the I/O mode must be set to ASPI to read the source disk. If I set it to Auto or SPTI, DVDFab is unable to communicate with my optical disk drives. Something has changed in v8.1.6.6.

Also, I disabled all other programs that might not be releasing control of my drives and/or the SPTI I/O and there was no difference with v8.1.6.6.

Comment

Senor Bag give this a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
                            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                            Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                              Senor Bag give this a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060
                              ImgBurn, VLC Media Player, Windows Media Player and all other programs on my computer (except for DVDFab v6.1.6.6) recognize and work with my optical drives via SPTI. Even DVDFab v.8.0.7.3 works via SPTI. I ran the Microsoft FixIt program for CD/DVD drives but it only reported that there was nothing to fix on my system. I also uninstalled my virtual disk drive and cleaned the registry to make sure all traces of the program were completely removed just in case that was creating a problem.

DVDFab v6.1.6.6 still only works with ASPI on my system. And thank you for your continued help in finding a solution for this problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X