Twighlight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1 EU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twighlight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 1 EU

Film appears to rip O.K. but is truncated at 1 hour 26 minutes, same on V8.1.6.6 Qt Beta. Shows up in menus as 3 hours 30 (above times do not include seconds and frames). DVD5 selection says 100% quality when I know it is a DVD9.

Please save "Info Files" in "Settings -> Info", then zip and upload here, thanks.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I don't know if it's the same problem, but if I rip this dvd (R2) with PathPlayer on, the DVD is ripped to some 3800 MB.

With Pathplayer off, the DVD becomes a huge 49.9 GB.

I tried to rip the DVD with Pathplayer on, without any obvious errors -although the movie seemed to be a lot shorter than the original, and the resulting burned DVD was unplayable on my home DVD player.

Is there anything to be done differently?

Comment

Requested Attachments

Sorry about the delay.

The problem (R2) disk belongs to a college who is abroad dealing with a bereavement and has taken it with him. I am house sitting so have his PC (not the one running the beta and showing the same problem) and the failed rip is still present.
        Attached Files

Comment

I am using now the newest 8.1.6.7 version, beta.

And still no improvement on the results for this DVD R2.

Here is my log.
          Attached Files

Comment

The attachment shows a directory listing of the failed rip.

Using Nero6 "Burn DVD files" option I can confirm that the rip does not play. However running it through Other Software or DVDShrink produces a playable DVD that plays chapters 1 to 12 twice.

Using TMPGEnc DVD Author to extract the MPEG2 file produces a file approximately twice as big as the rip, containing chapters 1 to 12 in the first half and invalid MPEG2 in the second.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by CBR929; 03-15-2012, 11:24 PM. Reason: Forum Rules

Comment

Same problem with this one, says its copied OK but when you play it, it stops at chapter 11 then start from beginning again , the film as 18 chapters but just loops at eleven back to one.

Comment

@ knuj_on
                Please do not mention Other Software on this forum.

If you do not own this disc you have no right copying it.
                Read this Observance of Copyright Laws in the DVDFab Forums
                CBR929
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Observance of rules

See post #4 of this thread, I am reporting this problem on behalf of a college, whilst he is out of the country, who has authorised me to provide all and any information I can glean from his pc to assist.

Comment

Entry re-written 19 March 2012 because it looked like I was arguing with an admin.

An admins decision is final. However I do believe you the right to put your case if you believe you have been misunderstood. Entry #4 must be ambiguous. I can not run DVD Fab on my hardware as it does not recognise optical drives which are NAS (Network Attached Storage). Why should it as the hardware is not commercially available. It is a homebrew box made up from parts salvaged from a skip containing debris from when a fork lift truck went through a data cabinet, built into an old PC case use to mount the optical drives, with the firmware partially reverse engineered and patched. The person who made the copy, installed DVD Fab onto his PC and owns the media has gone somewhere the internet connection is virtually non existent so asked me to report the fault because he is likely to be out of circulation for at least another 6 weeks. I admit to post processing the copy with the media owners permission.

I am sorry that the GNU software approach of using adjacently positioned software to glean information has caused offence. I was careful to ensure I did not mention anything I believed would hurt the architect’s revenue stream.

I now believe there is enough information in this thread to allow anybody with a detailed knowledge of the DVD authoring tools used to create a stamped DVD to create an oversized rip and then fix it. Unfortunately I can not back up my assertion as I have no interest in the video content so will not hire or buy (currently the cheapest option from a special offer from a supermarket that says “every little helps”). My only interest is in what was corrupted that causes no problems to stand alone players but defeat the currently acknowledged best all in one ripping tool. If the tool has not been updated by the time the media owner returns, I shall confirm if my assertion was correct or not.

Comment

You have the right to try to help your friend, and no one disputes that. You do not have the right to raise disputes about moderation in the forum. Please read the General Policies, here: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.php?t=20

As it states, you should contact another moderator or me if you feel wrongly or over-moderated, which is not the case in this instance.

The phenomenon you have experienced is a form of copy protection that is normally defeated by 1) having the registered and latest version of DVDFab installed and 2) making sure to have PathPlayer set to Always Enable. If this fails, you should post the DVDFab internal log session from the attempt to copy and anything else the developers ask for, in this case the Info files, zipped.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi knuj_on
                        I never took your response as an argument.

I would say that if you have not tried it with the latest version please try it.

Not sure if this may help but the drive your using is behind in firmware updates, you will find the latest firmware here http://www.firmwarehq.com/download_1..._GL0B.EXE.html

Note: If you do not know how to flash your drive do not do it, it will render your drive useless.

Also do as the developer requested in post #2
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Getting back to the job in hand, here are the files requested by Fengtao
                          Attached Files

Comment

Problem Update with attachments

Typically I did some research, on somebody else’s machine, using Vn 8.1.7.3 to produce attachments and Vn 8.1.7.5 came out! They tell me that everything I am about to say still applies to Vn 8.1.7.5 (as I stated in an earlier post, my interest is in how they protected this DVD & I am not interested in the contents hence working on other peoples machines that own the DVD with all research done using SW DVD players whilst the original disk is in the drive). Note: the attachment is a renamed .7z as this was the only way I could get it small enough.

The video extracted is 55mins 58.08 seconds and then repeats 2 and a bit times. IMB database says 147mins running time, the actual time is 1 hour 52 minutes 19.22 seconds (found by extracting the mpeg 2 file the very first way DVDs were ripped i.e. leaving the software player running to unlock all the VOBs and then de-multiplexing all the streams and re-multiplexing i.e. title 23 not title 75 as thought by this software). Also the special feature (title 90 - 23 minutes 38.11 seconds) of the UK Premier is missing on the full disk selection but can be extracted via custom.

My assertion that full disk could be used to extract it all and then it be fixed later is false for 2 reasons :-
                            1) There is no WYSIWYG (What You See is What You Get) mode for new copy protections, selecting DVD9 still tries to compress the output
                            2) The problem is not in pathplayer.

Reason 2 needs explanation. If you turn path player off then clone runs to completion and gives you the WYSIWYG data. (If it is turned on and clone is run then it produces the same iso in …\temp\clone irrespective of left for 5 minutes or 48+ hours). The burned images or isos in …\temp\clone all do the same video repeat as path player on full disk extraction. The logs show an old drive. This is because it is running hand patched firmware that allows for raw data extraction (this was fitted because the other person did not want me running his PC with the case off as the only other way of doing this is to modify a laptop SATA drive with a drimmel so the disk can be changed without opening the tray thus bypassing the firmware interlocks insisted upon by HollyWood). When I created a bit for bit copy and compared it with your ISOs and your Info.txt file you had corrected the errors you detected correctly but had not copied the data not referenced in the ISO, UDF or IFO file systems i.e. the missing video. When I mounted your ISO in a virtual drive the video repeat occurred. When I mounted my disk image (bad sectors and all) the software player played it correctly.

Off topic – My thanks to signals for post #11, I have hotlinked the general policies reference in my browser. My thanks to CBR929 for post #12, my basic concern was that post #9 was interpreted by someone who knows me as arguing with a moderator WHICH I DO NOT CONDONE AT ALL. I take these posts as a courtesy (even though I did not believe I was over moderated or that the intended reader would see an argument) so I am grateful that you took the time.

The original friend had recently had his system disk die (the head between platters 2 & 3 had shattered so I could not recover much data from these platters) so had to do a factory re-installation after replacing the drive. I put the "basics" back on for him using the printed sheet from his safe for the licence keys. He put the rest on and I only found he had not entered his DVD Fab key when I upgraded his PC because I had ticked "never show again" on the info page on entry so I now understand "…having the registered…".
                            Attached Files

Comment

Breaking Dawn Part One England, are we forgoten?

Hi from robone, re breaking dawn part one uk. i have used DVDFAB for about 9 years, and have found it to be the best DVD copy product about. I am a pensioner, and have found that I can keep my bought dvd in top condition, while I let my family watch the the DVDFAB copy. Breaking dawn came out in the uk 7 weeks ago, and still DVDFAB has not come up with a fix. I have seen the Breaking Dawn part one UK problem aired in forum for at least 5 weeks. I myself have posted the dvd files to DVDFAB. My feelings are that DVD has taken a second place to Blueray with the DVDFAB product. I hope that my own feelings are miss placed, and DVDFAB will still be comeing up with the goods for dvd copying.

Comment

Working...
                              X