Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD Fab thinks a DVD has 51GB of data (Pirates of The Carribean: On stranger tides)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Fab thinks a DVD has 51GB of data (Pirates of The Carribean: On stranger tides)

Hi there,

There is a new copy protection scheme out there, which basically relies on a modified (corrupt) filesystem, which tries to trick programs into thinking the DVD has 51GB (or 66.7GB, or some other extreme number) of data in it.

Screenshot

Obviously, no DVD can hold such amount of data in it, and on top of that, the Windows Explorer ("My Computer") clearly shows that the DVD disc has only 7.39GB of real data. But if you go inside the DVD and right click the VIDEO_TS folder and select "properties", you will get the fake size (51GB, 66.7GB etc).

Unfortunatelly, DVDFab gets fooled by this copy protection scheme. It sees the fake size too.

I know getting around that copy protection scheme may be hard, but I thought it would be good let you know, in case you can get around it.

If you are already aware about this new copy protection and are already working to get around it, please post a reply and let us know.

Thanks a lot,
    Kurkosdr

PS: If you can't get around that copy protection, can you offer the option to select the files manually in DVDFab (like an old program called DVD Decrypter could do)? As of now, this seems the only way to get around the copy protection (opening DVD Decrypter, selecting files manually). I will try DVD Decrypter and report back.
    Last edited by kurkosdr; 03-23-2012, 09:11 PM.

IFO dump:

Last edited by kurkosdr; 03-23-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Do you have PathPlayer enabled and there is also a later version 8170 to try with.

Comment

This is a not uncommon form of copy protection, but it requires a specific internal update DVDFab. It may take a few days for them to get the disc if the IFOs are not enough. Thanks for the report.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Enabling PathPlayer fixed it. Thanks a lot, Gummigutta.

Silly me... I always have PathPlayer disabled, so that I will be sure no playable content gets removed (I haven't heard of any cases where PathPlayer removed playable content for many years, it's more a phsycological issue).

Lesson of the day: If it's one of those DVDs with the weird sizes - enable PathPlayer
          Last edited by kurkosdr; 03-24-2012, 02:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X