ISO no sound but MP4 ok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ISO no sound but MP4 ok

Hi, I created an ISO file of "I don't know how she does it" using the v8.1.6.3, but I am having problems with the sound.

After selecting main movie and choosing the 5.1 audio, the ISO was created succesfully. I then burned a DVD and also created an MP4 file at the same time.

The playback on the MP4 is ok and there is picture and sound. However, when I play the DVD, there is no sound and it is silent.

I thought it might be a bad disk, so I burnt a new copy, but that is the same.

I then created a new ISO and burnt a DVD from that but that is also silent.

I am baffled why the sound is silent on the DVD but is ok on the MP4? Any ideas?

Hi rudi,

What player are you using for the playback? Did you try VLC? if not, please use it to play the iso file and see if you can have sound or not.

You can also give the new version of DVDFab 8.1.6.8 a try, it is available at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm

Regards,
    mona

Comment

rudi
      Please post about problems with DVD Copy in that forum, I am moving your thread there.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Mona
        Many thanks for the advice. The I have tried to watch the DVD on the same PC which created it and also on a standard DVD player connected to a TV, both with no sound. The MP4 seams ok in various devices. I will try the latest version of the software to see how I get on.

Comment

Some player software will not play AC-3 audio without a codec pack. As suggested, try the free VLC media player to play it on your PC. With DVDFab it is almost impossible to make an ISO with no audio track.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X