Can't encode as 1 file after merging.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't encode as 1 file after merging.

Ok so maybe I'm missing something here when it comes to Merge mode. It will merge different titles, or even 2 separate files of the same title, though when trying to encode to say .MKV etc... it will not encode the whole merged files/folder. It will split them again and you will have to encode them separately. So if this is the case is Merge mode basically just for burning to a blank dvd etc...? Thanks.

If I may without opening a new thread and doing some research, I also can't figure out how to delete/get rid of the source file from the main window after processing. I have to close Fab and then reopen it for the Main window to be clear. Even deleting the job from the queue will not delete it from the main window. Shouldn't it automatically delete after w/e job is done and one clicks on finish?

The Rippers work on a title basis, not a file basis. Look in the VIDEO_TS folder after a merge, you wil see a VOB file (or more) for each title. When they add the re-encoding option to Merge, it will run much slower but it will then do what you want it to, produce an output with a single title rather than one with a title for each one that was on the merge list. The single title will then produce a single mkv/mp4/avi file for the merged folder you are converting.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Ok so the re-encoding option in Merge is being worked on? I just merge some longer titles I had split because putting them to DVD-5 was cutting the quality way too much, and at the time wasn't into encoding a full rip. I'm glad you pointed this out because it was frustrating to put the VIDEO_TS folder in an encoder to then have the output be the first file/title. Thanks.

Are they working on a delete title from Main window also? Apparently you either have to close Fab after your done or replace the title with another one to be worked on.

Comment

It is on the "to-do" work list for the developers, not sure when we will see it. I don't understand your question about deleting a title, which copy mode are you asking about?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Basically any file you drag and drop in the main window to be processed with let's say DVD Ripper etc... will stay there after conversion and there's no option to delete it from there. Only thing that one can do is either close Fab and restart it or drop another file in there after the job is done. Though dropping another file will result in no option again to delete it from the window. You have to close Fab or if you add another file while still processing or before it gets added to the queue. Most applications have a delete function whether called start new project or just plain delete so you can start another mode etc... I might be wrong, though I've tried everything to find such a function and came up empty.

Thanks for the Merge explanation it really cleared things up and saved a lot of time.

Comment

If you wish to append Title2.mkv to Title1.mkv to create one file, you can use the FREE mkvmerge GUI part of mkvtoolnix. I do it all the time. Give it a go. Google is your friend.

Originally posted by dr_ml422 View Post
            Ok so maybe I'm missing something here when it comes to Merge mode. It will merge different titles, or even 2 separate files of the same title, though when trying to encode to say .MKV etc... it will not encode the whole merged files/folder. It will split them again and you will have to encode them separately. So if this is the case is Merge mode basically just for burning to a blank dvd etc...? Thanks.

If I may without opening a new thread and doing some research, I also can't figure out how to delete/get rid of the source file from the main window after processing. I have to close Fab and then reopen it for the Main window to be clear. Even deleting the job from the queue will not delete it from the main window. Shouldn't it automatically delete after w/e job is done and one clicks on finish?
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
            X