what happened to my dvd fab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happened to my dvd fab?

Ok so I was using the latest Beta version of DVDFab when I got Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol in. I find out it wont copy so I download the latest version of DVDFab (non Beta) as instructed on a previous thread by someone else.

After the install I go to run it and it states that I must specify a path for Nero or ImgBurn.
    I have never had to do anything like that before.
    So of course, I do some research and install ImgBurn (per an recommendation from a admin on this forum).

Well it is COMPLETELY different then what my DVDFab used to be. Now I have to click on things and setup different things, before and after the actual start. Now another program opens up (probably ImgBurn) and I have yellow and green and red stars I have to choose from.

What happened to the DVDFab I had before and how do I get it back??
    Before I just clicked on the start button walked away and a little while later the rip and burn were finished.
    (BTW, I make ISO copies if that makes a difference).

Your help is appreciated
    (btw, if you cant tell I am a novice at this, so I dont know much technical and prior to this, I just installed DVDFab and clicked start (apparently it installed everything I needed))

Please check About window to see if your license is expired.
    DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
    http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

It stated that the DVDCopy is expired.
      Everything else is good.
      Not sure I understand this since I had the Beta version before and it was working fine, then I upgraded to this version to copy Ghost Protocol and suddenly I cant copy like I used to

In all the other versions of DVDFab I have had before i have never had this problem.
      Any advice?

Comment

What's your license type of DVD Copy (1-year, 2-year, lifetime)?

If it's expired, you need renew it.
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I am not sure. I have been using DVDFab for YEARS!!!
          I downloaded it once and updated it many times.
          Given most of the times I updated or downloaded the newest version it asked me to remove the old before continuing.

The last time I downloaded the Beta version.
          Now i have the regular version, but suddenly I have been getting the "you have to specify the path Nero or ImgBurn" message.
          I never had Nero or ImgBurn before.
          I think I just used whatever came with the downloads.
          I dont even think I ever setup the DVDFab, I just started using it (one of the reasons why I liked it so much was it was VERY new person friendly).
          Just wondering how I get it to how it used to be

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
            I am not sure. I have been using DVDFab for YEARS!!!
            I downloaded it once and updated it many times.
            Given most of the times I updated or downloaded the newest version it asked me to remove the old before continuing.

The last time I downloaded the Beta version.
            Now i have the regular version, but suddenly I have been getting the "you have to specify the path Nero or ImgBurn" message.
            I never had Nero or ImgBurn before.
            I think I just used whatever came with the downloads.
            I dont even think I ever setup the DVDFab, I just started using it (one of the reasons why I liked it so much was it was VERY new person friendly).
            Just wondering how I get it to how it used to be
            I am not understanding how you could not know what you purchased as far as time of subscription .

Also Fab has never asked to delete old versions as it installs over the old version so that statement is also confusing.

When you say you have used Fab for years how many years does that mean> 1, 2, ??

Post the internal log of your last copy session.
            More information is needed.

Comment

It sounds as though you have Imgburn selected as your burn engine ,to change it back to vso do this
              click on the green arrow (top right hand corner)
              On the left hand side click on DVD/BLURAY WRITE
              Under BURNING ENGINE, select VSO burning engine from the drop down menu,
              then click O/K
              Personally I would stick with Imgburn, a much better burn engine, but thats just my opinion.

Comment

It sounds like he's never paid for anything either.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No I havent purchased DVDFab.
                  I have been using the free version that they allow you to download.
                  Originally I downloaded this years ago, ummm probably longer then 6 years ago and have been using it ever since.

The problem is that for some reason the VSO burning engine isnt there or isnt being used or something since it always asks to specify a path for Nero or ImgBurn

I guess somehow this new version deleted my VSO Burn engine?
                  Is there a way to download it and get it back?

Comment

VSO is not included in the free version, along with many of the copy modes (Customize, Merge etc.) and some other features and decryption updates for both DVD and Blu-ray. I'm not sure how you have been using them for years, but to continue you will need to purchase the product here: www.dvdfab.com
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                    X