This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

copies made with 6205 won't play at first

Ever since I downloaded the new version 6.2.0.5, this is what happens when I insert my copied DVD (DVD5 DVD-R) into my Samsung standalone player:

The player says Loading then Play - the counter says 000000 and doesn't move and the screen remains blank. I can't hit the Menu button or fast-forward/backward. The Skip Ahead button makes it skip ahead (to the next chapter) then I rewind to the beginning after which I can reach the Main Menu and then everything is alright. But what's with the strange freeze-up when the movie is first inserted?

Does this happen with all discs or jusst certain ones? If you play them in another player what happens? Which copy mode did you use to make the backups? Need more info to be able to assist you.

Originally posted by CitizenOlek View Post
    Ever since I downloaded the new version 6.2.0.5, this is what happens when I insert my copied DVD (DVD5 DVD-R) into my Samsung standalone player:

The player says Loading then Play - the counter says 000000 and doesn't move and the screen remains blank. I can't hit the Menu button or fast-forward/backward. The Skip Ahead button makes it skip ahead (to the next chapter) then I rewind to the beginning after which I can reach the Main Menu and then everything is alright. But what's with the strange freeze-up when the movie is first inserted?
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That has happened to me on occasion, but only when I would change the play back order, (jump to main or first menu when disc inserted). To correct this I stopped changing the playback order for full disc or just back up the main movie, (which is great for the kids as they dont need to play with the remote).
      Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chris View Post
        That has happened to me on occasion, but only when I would change the play back order, (jump to main or first menu when disc inserted). To correct this I stopped changing the playback order for full disc or just back up the main movie, (which is great for the kids as they dont need to play with the remote).
        Yes, I did select the option to change the playback order, and will try not changing it with my next copy to see if that fixes it. But if it's a fault of the program when changing playback order why don't the programmers address it?

I'd hate to lose the Menus and Extras because I really enjoy those.

Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
          Does this happen with all discs or jusst certain ones? If you play them in another player what happens? Which copy mode did you use to make the backups? Need more info to be able to assist you.
          This happens for every movie since the new program update. The discs do work normally on my computer, but I haven't been able to test them on another standalone Player. I used Full DVD with the Menus and everything compressed to DVD5 format, but I did select 'change playback order' which I'm a little suspicious of.

Thanks for the prompt help.

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenOlek View Post
            This happens for every movie since the new program update. The discs do work normally on my computer, but I haven't been able to test them on another standalone Player. I used Full DVD with the Menus and everything compressed to DVD5 format, but I did select 'change playback order' which I'm a little suspicious of.

Thanks for the prompt help.
            That's an unusual problem and may be related to the menu structure or protections on the discs and the way these things relate to what DVDFab does when the navigation buttons are used (the "jump tos"). Try one in Main Movie mode ( or without the jumping) and see if the problem recurs.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I’ve just always assumed that the name of the operation was the clue. Change playback order, it doesn’t say change write order. And jump to main movie. Leads me to believe all the files are written to where they are supposed to be and the laser has to physically move over the menus, previews and whatever else is written to the disc prior to the main movie start position. When main movie only is selected the other stuff is completely removed and playback begins at once.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

worked on another player

I tried one of the 'wierd' discs on another standalone player and it played perfectly. SO I'm just going to chock this one up to some idiosyncrasy in the programming of my particular DVD player.

Thanks for the suppoart all.

Comment

Been having the same problem with the newer movies with the newer protection on them. The player in my daughter's room is the oldest one in the house and it takes some messing with to get them to play. They work fine in all the other players in the house though. I don't mess with the playback order at all when copying them. I think you are on the right track that it's just the player itself. It's about time I get a new one for my daughter's room anyway.
                  Into abyss
                  You don't exist
                  Cannot resist
                  The Judas kiss
                  Judas lives recite this vow
                  I've become your new god now

Comment

Working...
                  X