Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desperately trying to back up Transformers 3 (Help Needed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desperately trying to back up Transformers 3 (Help Needed)

Hello All.
    Sorry if this has been answered but I have looked through lots of Threads but can not seem to find any that relate to my issue, so here goes.

When I back up transformers 3 from dvd disc the burn process goes along fine. when I go to playback the copy the Copyright warnings will scroll through in lots of languages and very quickly, Then all I get is a blank screen and that will stay as long as you leave it there.

I am now desperate as I have been trying to backup since I purchased the disc before xmas, and after each update of DVDFab, but with no luck.
    This is the only disc I seem to have this issue with.

Any help will be great.
    Thanks
    Ridgeau

Windows 7 Home Premium
    DVDFab 8.1.7.8

Make sure you have PathPlayer set to Always Enable mode in DVDFab Settings. Post the internal log file session from an attempted backup of this disc with PathPlayer on.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Log File

Thanks Signals,
      Always enable pathplayer box is ticked.
      Attatched is the log file as requested, I burnt the disc again just before posting log.

Regards
      Ridgeau
      Attached Files

Comment

DVDFab should be able to handle this disc. What is the region of the original? I notice in your logs occasional problems reading discs, which may or may not be related to your optical drive or its driver/firmware.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

drives/region code

Howdy.
          Region 4 is the disc, part of a multipack, bluray, Normal and digital copy all on seperate discs.
          I have dual optical disc drives from different manufacturers and have tried in both drives, I have also tried to burn it on my laptop which also does the same thing.
          This is a strange one it is starting to drive me crazy.

Thanks again

ps I may try a old burning software I have to see how it goes.

Comment

Hi Ridgeau,
            Please try the latest build 8180. Wish it helps.

Comment

hello.
              No joy, seems worse than before, just a blank screen now and media centre crashes, also Dvdfab crashing during burn.
              Thanks
              Still hopefull
              PS:Worked okay on another ripper software.

Comment

Hi Ridgeau,
                Which burning engine are you using? If it's VSO, please try Imgburn. What's more, please post the internal log and burn log. Thanks.

Comment

Howdy.
                  Yes burn engine is on Image burn, I have attatched the log.
                  See how you go.
                  Thanks again.
                  Ridgeua
                  Attached Files

Comment

Please post the burn log. Thanks.

Comment

Burn log.

Sorry have been away,
                      I have updated DVD Fab and tried again with no luck, Attatched are the logs from my Laptop which is also having the same problem.

Regards
                      Paul
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ridgeau
                        To tell if you have a bad disc please download VSO Inspector found here http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php and install it.

Put the disc in your drive and as the movie starts playing pause it, but do not exit out, now launch VSO Inspector, click scan and let it scan the disc.
                        If you have errors then you have a bad disc.
                        CBR929
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

VSO results

Howdy,
                          i have run the software, yes there are errors on the disc. I have attatched the log from the scan. I do have a couple of questions though.
                          If the disc is faulty how come it plays on both of my PCs okay.
                          It also burns okay with another burn software,
                          And I did borrow another copy of the disc and it also did not backup correctly.
                          Let me know what you think.
                          Regards
                          ridgeau
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X