the girl with the dragon tattoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have tried everything to make a backup of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I have tried just the movie and the whole disk. No luck. I even loaded the beta 8.1.8.0. Still no luck. Drives are good. New. It spins a little and stops then starts again. It never gets anything read. It comes up with a read/write error. It asks to abort/retry/skip/skip all. I even tried another brand (sorry) still no luck. I have not had this problem in a VERY long time. Usually getting the beta fixes all problems. I have used DVD Fab for a few years and it has been great. Here is my system
    Win 7 pro 64
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX MOBO
    AMD FX 4100 3.6Ghz quad
    8 gig Corsair pc 1600 ram
    1 TB Seagate HD sata
    Asus 430 Video
    Asus DVD sata
    LG DVD sata
    ChiefMax 650w PS
    RaidMax case.
    I think that is everthing exept my birthday LOL.
    I have seen the other post on this with no luck.
    ANY and ALL suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

Hi cupton50,
    Please make sure the PathPlayer is always enabled. Then disable all GPU acceralation, ignore all reading errors automatically and try again. Wish you success.

Comment

The girl with the dragon tattoo

where is PathPlayer located and how do I disable gpu acceleration? I know I kow I'm a dummy. Thanks

Comment

What region is the disc?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi cupton50,
          I'm so sorry for the trouble. Please click the green "√" on the right top center to goto the common settings page, then goto General->A/V codec, select "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding and encoding", DVD/ Blu-ray-> PathPlayer,select "Always enable PathPlayer".

Comment

girl with dragon tattoo

I did all of that and still no go. It must be one of sony's new protections.

Comment

Originally posted by cupton50 View Post
              I did all of that and still no go. It must be one of sony's new protections.
              There is no new sony protection on this movie.
              I made a copy or it in R1 Movie only with no problem.

You are getting read errors which indicates you have a damaged or defective disk.

Comment

I repeat, what is the region of the disc?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I think it is region 1. I have looked all over the disk for scratches and there are none. BUT as I was watching it it froze up near the beginning and A LOT near the end. so much for new disks. Thanks for all the help.

Comment

Hi cupton50
                    To check if it is a bad disc, download VSO Inspector found here http://www.vso-software.fr/products/.../inspector.php

Put the movie in your drive and start playing the movie with a soft player, as the movie itself is playing pause it, but do not exit out of the player.
                    Start VSO Inspector and scan the disc, if it shows any errors then the disc is bad.
                    Hope this helps
                    CBR929
                    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X