Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I get this message when burning older movies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I get this message when burning older movies.

Reading/Writing Error control

what would you like to do? gives you these options

Retry, Abort, Ignore or Ignore all.

I'm using the 8.1.7.8 version. Its seems since I switched over to the QT version I've been getting these errors on older movies. Dvd has been cleaned and has no scratches. If i choose Ignore all then the movie slows wayyyyyyy down.

Should I just get the older version of DVD fab or what. I've been using this program for years and now its just starting to get annoying. this laptop is new so I know I don.t need a new burner.

Any Suggestions??

Aside from cleaning the disc(s), recommend that you disable PathPlayer as it often causes problems with older movies.

If still no luck, take a look at the link in my sig re:
    Tips on troubleshooting...
    and please post the pertinent logs.

Hope this helps
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The drive slows down because DVDFab is re-reading the bad sector over and over trying to extract the data, which causes windows to put the drive in PIO transfer mode, which is uselessly slow. As maineman said, post the entry from the DVDFab internal log that relates to this session.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X