This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Structure Protection Problem

I'll do my best to describe what's going on.

There seems to be a new kid in town. Started seeing it with Narnia. The volume label always has the title abbreviated ex- Designated Housewives shows as (D5H-ON-NT-#_1_DES)

The problem:--------------

What shows in the Main movie or Customize window-Title(Angle)/Play time window. Shows 20-30 very large files each getting progressivly smaller than the first.

The Question:-------------

1. Which listing is the actual Movie or Series?
    2. How do you archive the movie to a DVD5 disc without having a Quality rate of 11-20%. Even a rip to DVD9 has a Compression in the same quality range but slightly larger.
    3. Is the first listing the actual movie?

I'm gonna do a test to see if using the main movie option makes a readable archive copy.

Currently using v6069 on XP with a sonyDRU-830A(very slow now) burning to RITEKF1 16x. Burn speed max-never over 1.2

Is this Prince Caspian you talking about? As I get only one movie that is 2 hours 29 minutes and 52 seconds in movie only to choose from with that using the latest Beta release as for the other movie you mentioned have no idea. Also might be a good idea to change pathplayer to always enabled in the common settings area of DVDFab

Comment

First, the volume name: this is not uncommon, I ALWAYS change the volume name if it contains DOS-illegal characters (in your example, "-" and "#").

If you use Customize mode, watch the total disc size readout near the bottom of the window as you click on each additional title. If some of them add only a few tens or hundreds of MB, they are probably part of a special feature like "show the movie with deleted scenes" or "directors cut". If they are bogus VTSs that PathPlayer missed, the Preview window can sometimes sniff them out. As the voice from somewhere in Canada said, make sure PathPlayer is set to Always Enable. The title selected in Main Movie and the first one in Customize mode should be the same one and represent DVDFab's "best guess" as to which is the real main movie, but with PathPlayer enabled, the guessing is normally very good.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

question is still unresolved

I'll do my best to describe the situation again.

The copy protection is CSS/CPPM.

Attached is a screen cap of what the movie looks like. (lg CAP)

I did a test using main movie, burned the DVD & what you get is no menu's & continuous play. Seems to be out of sequence as well. One chapter seems to keep popping up a couple times in various places one the test DVD.

I'm still curious as to how one goes about archiving such movies that use this type of setup on the source DVD's?
        I've been doing this for Since Fab ver 4. & use to have several method for archiving iclud. Shrink & Decrypter. This new compression has me baffled. Scrubs season 8 is this way, so was Narnia's last movie & Eli stone season2.

(sm CAP) Archiving the entire disc look something like the second cap. This level of compression is too much.

Any tips on ripping this type of movie with a normal compression. Or tips on how & which selections are the actual movie.
        How does one get around this?

Thanks
        Attached Files

Comment

Css/cppm

[QUOTE=signals;625]First, the volume name: this is not uncommon, I ALWAYS change the volume name if it contains DOS-illegal characters (in your example, "-" and "#").

I always change them as well. The example was meant to show how CSS/CPPM labels the DVD.

Ripping this style of copy "protection/DVD setup" is a riddle that I seem unable to solve with FAB.

Thanks Signals & AGJ for trying to help. My problem is trying to describe the situaiton in such a way as to find a solution...

Comment

Moderator. Could you please change the name of this thread to "Archiving CSS/CPPM Issues"

Comment

Originally posted by wALDO View Post
              Moderator. Could you please change the name of this thread to "Archiving CSS/CPPM Issues"
              Done. It now reflects what is being discussed, a structure protection issue.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X