Cowboys & Aliens [purchased] Rental

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboys & Aliens [purchased] Rental

Yes - you read it right. I'm trying to backup MY Cowboys & Aliens rental disk that I purchased from blockbuster. The disk has plenty of wear, and I'd prefer to get this on my hard drive before little ones turn it into a frisbee. Anyone have any luck getting this one to backup?
    Last edited by Complication; 05-27-2012, 05:09 PM. Reason: Updated title for clarity

Hi juice69
    Please post your logs the default location is:
    For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
    or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
    Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal logand post right here.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Hi juice69,
      DVDfab does't supported rental disks.

Comment

Hi terry,

juice69 has legitimate ownership of the disc.
        He purchased a disc that had previously been a Blockbuster rental.

I have purchsed quite a few myself this way.
        BB has some great deals.

Originally posted by terry5 View Post
        Hi juice69,
        DVDfab does't supported rental disks.
        If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

I own many of these ex-rental discs also, when Blockbuster closed its stores here, they were selling Blurays for $1.49. I bought tons.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

be sure to clean disk

Hi Juice69
            As CBR suggested you need to post your logs.
            As an interim suggestion since it is a previewed disk (probably many times by many different players you need to clean it well. There are many solutions out there that should do the trick. Some even take care of minor scratches. Since BB are closing stores all over there will be many disks sold that are unreadable in their present state. Ask the clerk to tell you how many times it has been out. Try to purchase the one with the least times.
            To answer your original question I purchased this one new (non previewed). No problem backing it up whatsoever.
            Send your logs and CBR929 and/or maineman will be able to help you.
            Also as maineman said...great deals now with BB closing stores

Comment

Couldn't get the disk to load in my 2 stand-alone bluray players, so it looks like a it's bad. Going to stop by BB tomorrow and see if they will let me exchange it.

Comment

Originally posted by juice69 View Post
                Couldn't get the disk to load in my 2 stand-alone bluray players, so it looks like a it's bad. Going to stop by BB tomorrow and see if they will let me exchange it.
                Or else have them clean it as they have a disk cleaning machine, it's a good idea to have them clean the disk when you buy them
                Paid Not To Work
                US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
                Proudly Served On
                USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
                6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
                X