Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOST Season 5 Disc 4 & Disc 5 not opening

Hello,

Disc 4 & 5 of LOST Season 5 is not opening in DVDFab V. 8.1.9.0. It did not open even in the previous version 8.1.8.5. I have attached the IFO files for your reference. Would you let me know the solution to this issue.

Thank you
    Attached Files

There was a problem with these discs when they were first released, but it was fixed. Make sure you have PathPlayer in the "Always Enable" mode, and post the internal log file these discs generated. You might also try an older version of DVDFab. The v8.0.8.5 installer is still available of the download page of the DVDFab website.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for your reply Signal.

PathPlayer is always enabled in all my DVDFab installations. I tried opening both DVDs with v 8.0.8.5, but they did not open. I have attached an extract of the Internal Log for your reference.

The extract shows the logs of 2 instances, for both DVDs, in v 8.1.9.0, and 1 instance of both DVDs in v 8.0.8.5.

Kindly advise further action.

Thanks.
      Attached Files

Comment

gameprince

The QA Team in Beijing is checking to see if they have the discs in order to reproduce and correct the problem. It may take a few days, thanks for your patience. The files you have posted will help also.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals,

I am unable to upload the other IFO files zip file. When I try to upload, I get a message 'Uploading... Please wait', but it does not get uploaded. Is there another way to send you these files?

Comment

Yes, you can let DVDFab analyze the disc, then click on the checkmark in the upper right corner of the DVDFab window. This will bring up the "Info page". Click on the button that says "Send Info files" and fill out the form (mainly name, title, region, you can skip the buy link). In the text box at the bottom, paste a link to this thread and then click the Send button on the left. Wait until the optical drive activity stops before leaving the Info page or closing DVDFab to give it a chance to copy and zip the IFO files.

Comment

Please disable PathPlayer and have a try!

Wilson
              Please post your logs the default location is:
              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for your response Wilson.

I have already tried disabling PathPlayer in both versions. However, both the discs did not open.

Comment

Hello Signals and Wilson,

I have been able to upload the IFO files of Disk 5 too. This may help you create a solution.

Kindly let me know when can I expect a solution to this issue.

Thanks
                  Attached Files

Comment

Update:

I was able to open both DVDs with v.8.1.9.6.

However, something strange happened. I actually forgot the DVD inside the drive and the DVD opened after 15-20 minutes of spinning. I have never really waited that long and usually a DVD opens in less than 5 minutes.

I would like to know if it is normal for DVDfab to take this long for opening DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                    X