Playable DVD from ISO File?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playable DVD from ISO File?

I am sure this has been addressed before, but I can't find it.

Can I take an ISO file on my hard drive and burn it to a playable (in a DVD player to my TV) DVD?

Everything I try goes thru the paces and appears to write to the DVD, but the DVD is still Blank and usable.

Windows XP Pro SP3
    Sony DVD RW DRU-840A
    Still running evaluation copy of DVDFab 8.1.7.8

Thanks
    Steve

The trial has probably expired on that version of DVDFab, which means the burning engine won't work. If you have the ISO, download ImgBurn (free) and use it in Write mode to burn the disc. This assumes there is nothing wrong with your optical drive, which may not be the case.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi SAS
      Yes, you would use the Write Data option in DVD Copy.
      If you are still having problems post your logs the default location is:
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

My Trial has not expired yet. My purchase is contingent on this feature. The "Write Data" option does not work. I have tried it several times with different ISO files and disks.

Should this work or do I "need" to use ImgBurn? Whats the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by SAS View Post
          My Trial has not expired yet. My purchase is contingent on this feature. The "Write Data" option does not work. I have tried it several times with different ISO files and disks.

Should this work or do I "need" to use ImgBurn? Whats the difference?
          Hi SAS
          ImgBurn is a burn engine that can be configured to work with Fab, most of use use it.
          If you would like to use it you will find instructions in the link in my signature on setting it up with Fab.

If still having problems please post your logs as requested.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Update

I went ahead and purchased a licensed copy of DVDFab Copy/Ripper. I also downloaded and properly installed ImgBurn.

The problem still persist. It does not matter if a use DVDFab Copy, DVDFab Copy/ImgBurn combo, or just Imgburn standalone the results are exactly the same.

They all look like they are working, there are no errors, in the write mode my DVD RW sounds and looks like it is writing and at the end their is no error message. It says copy completed.

The problem is there is no perceivable data on the disk. My DVD RW works fine in all other aspects except when trying to copy from an ISO file to DVD.

Any ideas would be appreciated. My guess it has to be my DVD drive, but I know Windows to well to go with the obvious

Steve

Comment

Oops Here are the Logs

[ATTACH]7165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]7166[/ATTACH]

Comment

The problem is there is no perceivable data on the disk. My DVD RW works fine in all other aspects except when trying to copy from an ISO file to DVD.
                If you insert the burned disc in your burner and look in Windows Explorer - do you see a VIDEO_TS folder then?

Comment

You are also using RITEK media which is regarded as crap!!!
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by SAS View Post
                    I went ahead and purchased a licensed copy of DVDFab Copy/Ripper...
                    Any ideas would be appreciated. My guess it has to be my DVD drive, but I know Windows to well to go with the obvious

Steve
                    Well, you could always revert to Windoz 98e...I believe it is out of the beta phase...

Seriously though, you said your burner works fine outside of Fab and outside attempting to burn .ISO files
                    (ripped with Fab) with Img...even as a standalone app?
                    Doesn't sound like your burner, per se.

Nothing is jumping out at me from your logs besides the Ritek media...kind of marginal to crappy, but I doubt this is the issue.
                    "ISO9660" is supported by any Windoz version and UDF 1.02, while not good for BD is just fine for standard DVD.

Do these ripped .ISO files play ok when viewed from the hdd?
                    Please try VLC or MCP

You can take a look at the hdd files with ISOBuster...the freeware version wil give you some useful info.

Have you ever burned an .ISO file with this burner?

Any luck burning a standard dvd folder (VIDEO TS and AUDIO TS folders)?
                    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

No - Explorer can't find the disk - M:\is not accessible

Comment

I have tried various media over the last 10 years or so and have had no problems with Sony (I guess RITEK). I have well over 300 backup copies of my Criterion Collection and my kids disks with very little to no problems.

Comment

Also just to make sure I use a fresh DVD with each new configuration (test). I have pitched about 20 disks so far.

Comment

I have ripped ISO files to my HD without any problem - play fine

I have copied many (Hundred's) of my DVD's burning the standard folders (VIDEO TS, AUDIO TS) with Other Software without any issues.

The reason I wanted to switch to DVDFab from Other Software is to copy ISO file to a video server hooked to my Television and stop burning backup disks (except for a few exceptions). It would be nice if I could just back up my disks to the HD (using the ISO format) and if down the road I want to burn a standard DVD I can. NOT!
                            Last edited by CBR929; 07-28-2012, 02:34 AM. Reason: Mention of other software

Comment

Hi SAS
                              I agree with my friends about the media.
                              One thing I did notice in your logs is this I 15:57:30 Source File Implementation Identifier: Daikin U.S. Comtec Lab

This is pulled from one of my burns I 19:12:03 Source File Application Identifier: IMGBURN V2.5.5.0 - THE ULTIMATE IMAGE BURNER!
                              I 19:12:03 Source File Implementation Identifier: ImgBurn

Notice how ImgBurn is named both times, and yours is not...
                              My guess is another program has control of your drive...
                              Please Open ImgBurn > Tools > Filter Driver Load Order and post what is listed.

You may also try this solution if your drive is not visible in windows http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/EN-US

I have edited your post please do not mention other software by name.
                              CBR929

Comment

Working...
                              X