DVD Merge Not Working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Merge Not Working

I can't figure it out. I want to copy my double-sided GoodFellas DVD to a single DVD9.

I used DVDFab to rip the main movie from both sides A and B. I then fired up the merge tool and added the folder containing side A and the folder containing side B (of the disc.) I made sure that the sources were listed in the proper order and that all available chapters were selected (1-19 for side A, 1-15 for side B) and began the merge.

I tried outputting the project to a folder (this is all I really need since I'm just tagging them and loading them into WMC) and to an ISO. In both cases the files from sides A and B were in the output directory/file but only the first part of the movie (side A) plays. In fact, the total length of the final output is equal to side A only.

I don't think there is anything else that I need to do to make this work right but I thought I'd ask. Is this a problem in v 8.2.0.0 or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

MJ

Merge seems to be broken if you use a drive for the Target that contains the second Source folder. Since you can't specify a volume name for the output, it is using the volume name of the second source for the output, which overwrites the second source as soon as the merge starts. I have reported this in the past and will remind them of the problem. You can avoid this by using a different drive for the Target.

The flipper disc version of Goodfellas has very poor video quality due to the letterboxing (very few of the available bits are devoted to the picture). The later ones are on DL media and I think are anamorphic transfers.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi,

The A & B will be as a title in the output folder after you merge them.
      I have tried to do a merge with other source not Goodfellas.
      Play well in VLC(Free media player). Play the movie one by one.
      Please see the screenshot.

Wilson
      Attached Files
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson

If the Merge is written to the same HDD as the final Source on the Merge list, it will not work.

Regards,
        Signals
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X