X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

District 9

Hi Guys
    Got my copy of "District 9" yesterday and for the first time ever could not backup a disc. DVDFab 6205 read it quickly but selected the wrong chapter for main movie only. Tried full disc but freezes on copying after 10 seconds.
    In movie only mode it copies fine till the the final 5 - 7 seconds then hangs forever. Tried to do this about 5 times - finally my system went into PIO mode and had to reset DMA. Also tried with 6210 Beta. Same thing.
    With Pathplayer disabled it cannot even read the disc.
    Anyone tried this movie.

Where are you located? Also check out this thread

as it has some posts for you to read and figure out why you are unable to do this movie

Comment

Hasn't come out yet. I am Region 1. Can't wait to see it though, sounds real good.

Comment

Don't bother.

It is ABSOLUTE CRAP !!!
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy. I'll save the money and take your word on it.

Comment

district 9

Originally posted by StirlingMac View Post
            Hi Guys
            Got my copy of "District 9" yesterday and for the first time ever could not backup a disc. DVDFab 6205 read it quickly but selected the wrong chapter for main movie only. Tried full disc but freezes on copying after 10 seconds.
            In movie only mode it copies fine till the the final 5 - 7 seconds then hangs forever. Tried to do this about 5 times - finally my system went into PIO mode and had to reset DMA. Also tried with 6210 Beta. Same thing.
            Anyone tried this movie.
            exactly my problem word for word !

Comment

district 9

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Don't bother.

It is ABSOLUTE CRAP !!!
              as far as movie is concerned idont agree...for people living in south africa they might have a different opinion..i for one found it interesting especially after looking at how & under what circumstaances it was made & surprised it was allowed to go on circuit in R.S,A. ?

Comment

Stirlingmac

re district 9,,ialso tried dvd shrink ..here you can see some of the extras..and play them on shrink ..but it cant backup eveen under main movie/authorise but try it!

Comment

Jolly-Roger, well said I was about to answer with that point as well. Anyway each to their own.
                  Back to the problem, I still cannot backup this movie at all.
                  This must be a new copy protection from Sony as not even Pathplayer opens the disc in the right sequence. It highlights the wrong chapter as the main movie.
                  Lets see if Fengtao will sort it out.

Comment

Originally posted by StirlingMac View Post
                    Hi Guys
                    Anyone tried this movie.
                    Originally posted by Jolly-Roger View Post
                    exactly my problem word for word !
                    Have any of you who have this movie used DVDFab to send the info files yet so fengtao can get DVDFab updated for this movie

Comment

Managed to rip District 9 with DVD Fab 6.2.05 in MAIN MOVIE mode with Pathplayer enabled, then opened up with DVD shrink and burned. (Region 2, South Africa)

The movie plays fine. The first occasion that I played the movie it played in wide screen but when I took it out and put it back in it played in full screen. Strange. To play it in wide screen I now each time have to put the disc in and skip a few scenes then REWIND to the beginning and then it plays in wide screen mode. Very odd. But it plays just fine.

I love District 9, I think it's a great sci-fi film. When viewing this film it certainly helps to be a South African because there are lots of different things you pick up in the movie that are distinctly South African (language, culture), but I think its a film that everyone can understand and enjoy, hence all the favourable reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Riff88 View Post
                        ... The first occasion that I played the movie it played in wide screen but when I took it out and put it back in it played in full screen. Strange. To play it in wide screen I now each time have to put the disc in and skip a few scenes then REWIND to the beginning and then it plays in wide screen mode. ...
                        Did this unusual behavior occurred when the backup disc was played in the PC and/or standalone DVD player(s)?

Comment

I used dvd fab version 3.2.1.0 and dvd shrink,no problem

Comment

That's fantastic that you used a version of Fab that is about 5 years old and it worked !!!

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

district nine

try opening it with nero then watch til main movie starts playing on the left side you will see the right title number good luck

Comment

Working...
                              X