Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need to burn the files using DVDFAB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I need to burn the files using DVDFAB?

I copied a full disk version of HUNGER GAMES. When it came time to burn to disk there was an error and it failed to burn.

The files are in the temp folder.

Can I just burn the contents of the 2 folders (audio and video) to a disk and call it a day?

thanks in advance!

Yes, select the temp folder as your source and your destination the burner device

Comment

Originally posted by vdotmatrix View Post
      I copied a full disk version of HUNGER GAMES. When it came time to burn to disk there was an error and it failed to burn.

The files are in the temp folder.

Can I just burn the contents of the 2 folders (audio and video) to a disk and call it a day?

thanks in advance!
      Okay 007, I should have clarified this further: Can I simply burn the files WITHOUT using DVDFAB to a disk?

Comment

HUNGER GAMES Backup

At my first attemp to back up my copy of the the Hunger Games for MOVIE ONLY, I initially got a little window saying that there were errors and if I wanted to IGNORE ALL.

I IGNORED ALL and the process continued.

The resulting disk that was made studdered and stumbled, skipped and pixelated for the first chapter.

The 2nd Chapter was apparently the program starting all over again from the beggining and the film continued without a hiccup to the end.

Is there anything I could have done differently?

(I have another post where I thought I would try to backup the ENTIRE film but ended up with errors and it failed to burn but I have the video files intact....See the other post if you want)

Comment

Are you using the registered or free version of DVDFab? What Region/Country is your disc made for?
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Are you using the registered or free version of DVDFab? What Region/Country is your disc made for?
            I am registered....USA, region 1

Comment

Yes, using Imgburn. Search in google and download it.

Comment

Originally posted by calcu007 View Post
                Yes, using Imgburn. Search in google and download it.
                Thanks 007,

I followed your link. How does IMGBURN differ from DVDFAB?

IMGBURN takes those files in the Temp>hungergames folder>video/audio and allows my to "burn" those to a dvd, when DVDFAB will not or cannot for some reason?

thanks

Comment

Hi vdotmatrix
                  I have merged your two threads, please do not start two threads on the same issue.

Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
                  CBR929
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                    Hi vdotmatrix
                    I have merged your two threads, please do not start two threads on the same issue.
                    I thought they were similar but not the same issue. I guess if you have the access to merge MY threads you must know more about it all than I do and that's for sure.

Well since you did the big merge for everyone's sake what are the answers to my all my questions if you will!!

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi vdotmatrix
                      Please post your logs I had requested, thanks.
                      CBR929
                      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

maybe because you are not doing the right thing?

Originally posted by vdotmatrix View Post
                        Thanks 007,

I followed your link. How does IMGBURN differ from DVDFAB?

IMGBURN takes those files in the Temp>hungergames folder>video/audio and allows my to "burn" those to a dvd, when DVDFAB will not or cannot for some reason?

thanks
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi vdotmatrix

Please post your logs the default location is:
                          For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                          or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
                          or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
                          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal and Burn log(s)and post right here.
                          CBR929
                          thank you for looking at my log. I was trying to use a DL to copy a full movie.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi vdotmatrix
                            The discs you are using are considered garbage, sorry... I believe you drive knows it also...
                            Your also burning at max speed, slow your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of these discs.

Consider picking up better media, for SL discs Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package. for DL media Verbatim also with the AZO dye on the package.

If you would like try to salvage these discs use ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find the instructions in the link in my signature.

Remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and setting burn speed to 1/2 their rated speed.

Hope this helps
                            CBR929

Comment

Hi vdotmatrix
                              The discs you are using are considered garbage, sorry... I believe you drive knows it also...
                              Your also burning at max speed, slow your burn speed to 1/2 the rated speed of these discs.

Consider picking up better media, for SL discs Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim with the AZO dye on the package. for DL media Verbatim also with the AZO dye on the package.

If you would like try to salvage these discs use ImgBurn as your burn engine, you will find the instructions in the link in my signature.

Remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and setting burn speed to 1/2 their rated speed.

Hope this helps
                              CBR929
                              THANK YOU ! I am very grateful. I installed IMG. followed your instructions, and it appears to be cooking as I write! The one line in your instructions to add differnt media to the IMG so, in essence , it would remember what disks I would be using and thus the preferred write speeds, I clicked "add" for the first DL , but when I tried to add a different second disk (SL) I couldn't. no biggie.

I will just have to remember to go in and choose the appropriate a slow write speed I guess for accuracy for each disk I use eh?

The disk finished but my NEW Samsung 3d dvd/bluray player would not recognise this disk. I will try again double checking write speeds etc...

Well now I am on to IMGBURN issues and I am going to wait top hear from someone about Layer break position. They all have AVERAGE rating stars and no colors. What happens if I IGNORE the layer break options?

I really appreciate you taking the time to address.

I am watching the 'movie only" version on SL (made from DVD5) DVDFAB not problem (almost).

The "FULL" version I am trying to create on DL (made from DVD9) is what I will wait to hear from someone before i hit START!

thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X