QT Versions and Win7 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and I am having the same issue as reported in the thread below that apparently was affecting XP machines; i cannot get any of the DVDFab QT versions to run - they install and run (I see it in the Task Manager) but the program never shows up.

I have tried all of the ideas listed in the thread and some more; the reg hack, run as admin, run as 256 colors, updare my video driver, etc.

any help would be appreciated

Hi ghegstad
    I have seen members have problems like this come and go.
    I suspect you problem may be caused by your anti virus program.
    Please check that it is not putting Fab in a quarantine state and not letting it run.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

i changed my anti-virus to norton and made sure DVDFab is listed as trusted - still not working . . . any other ideas?

Comment

I am not sure I have ever seen this problem reported on any win7 system.

Start DVDFab with no disc in any optical or virtual drive. Then put a DVD in your optical drive and see if it seems to be reading it. See if it is creating an internal log file. If it is, post it here. What kind of video card do you have and how it it set up (SLI, etc.)? Make sure the drivers are up-to-date. Also, see if Fabcore.exe is shown as a running process in task manager.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I tried but I did not see a log file - where should I be seeing it? C:\Users\Greg\Documents\DVDFab ?

My video card is an AMD Radeon HD 6450.

The driver is v 8.982.0.0 dated 7/27/2012 (I just updated it).

I am not sure what setting you are looking for; the video settings are 1080p@ 60 Hz - High (32bit).

I do not see fabcore.exe in the Task Manager.

Comment

The log file folder can be accessed from the Help ("?") button in the DVDFab GUI or is loacted at Documents\DVDFab\Log\dvdfab_internal.log. The developers may have found a bug that could cause this symptom in some cases, there will be a fix for it in v8.2.1.1 Qt Beta, which will be out soon, please try it and report the results in this thread.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I was working on installing different Versions of FAB yesterday and late evening!

I got with CBR929 on how to set them up in there own Folders! Now with any of the NON-QT versions all the way back to V4 will install and stay working without issues!

With all QT versions they will install and some will work for a while then stop working! Some will stop working just after install!

I was up late last night trying to install just about all the QT's(officals) there are! I went throw everything Firewall, Anti-virus, Drivers, ect. ect.

I have only 3QT's installed and so far they are still working, but for how long I don't know!

But, If you install just one at a time, there is no problem with any QT's! I mean you have to un-install whatever version you are using and do all the cleaning then install the one you want to use! Have to do this each time to get any QT version to work!

I'm running W7-64 Home! Hope this helps out!

Comment

Still not working.

I downloaded and installed Version: 8.2.1.3 tonight and still not working.

I should point out that while installing the QT version it seems to hang at the very last step because dvdfab.exe has been started for some reason. I have to kill dvdfab.exe for the install to finish. Also the install seems to have two instances of the installer exe and the tmp file. But they both go away when i kill the dvdfab.exe process.

Comment

Working...
                X