Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crashing

Since I've updated to this version it crashes on every start up. I've sent in a few reports when the pop up comes and when it finally does load it wont recognize the DVD.

About to return to the first DVD 9. That one worked.

Can someone please give me the link to the 9.0.1.1 version. Thanks.

Comment

Hi Tiffany
      Please uninstall DVD Fab and run a registry cleaner like CCleaner, until nothing is found then reinstall 9012 to see if you are still having problems.
      Send me a Pm with your e-mail address and I will send 9011 to you if you still need it.
      CBR929
      Last edited by CBR929; 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM.
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I am having same problem uninstalled and ran ccleaner to clean registry and did not work, still crashing.

Comment

Hi Doobs
          Make sure to use Fab uninstaller, and also run the cleaner in CCleaner also checking the box in the advanced option Old Prefetch, then download a fresh installer from here http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9.
          Hope this helps
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks for that, it worked.

I uninstalled it from the Control Panel>Programs and Features. Then did a CCleaner and restarted the computer. Downloaded the file again and popped in a DVD and it went through the motion but came up blank. Then I pressed the Copy button at the top and it came up ready for copy.

I think when I pressed the don't show this button at start up, I started to have problems. I have kept the downloaded file in case it happens again.

Comment

Glad you up and running.

Comment

You can always go back to the options window and I recommend opening Fab in the options screen, popping in your disc and letting scan completely before moving on. Check this box to open Fab in options:
                Attached Files
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Its doing it again.

I had burned We Bought a Zoo and started to watch it and I don't have subtitles. So I thought I would try to burn it again and see if it wasn't PgcEdit's fault and I can't get pass the actual DVDFab screen to do it again. Just keeps on crashing.

Rather than uninstall and re-install I am going back to DVDFab 8 as I know that definitely works with subtitles.

Comment

Just finished a copy with DVDFab 8.2.2.0 and it works with subtitles.

Comment

I had burned We Bought a Zoo and started to watch it and I don't have subtitles.
                      Did you use the DVD Copy -> Fulldisc moudle?

Wilson
                      Please post your logs the default location is:
                      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

What's PGCEdit got to do with it?

Originally posted by Tiffany View Post
                        Its doing it again.

I had burned We Bought a Zoo and started to watch it and I don't have subtitles. So I thought I would try to burn it again and see if it wasn't PgcEdit's fault and I can't get pass the actual DVDFab screen to do it again. Just keeps on crashing.

Rather than uninstall and re-install I am going back to DVDFab 8 as I know that definitely works with subtitles.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

That was my next question.
                          Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          What's PGCEdit got to do with it?
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

TOO!!!
                            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Its what I use when I don't want those annoying FBI warnings, etc. Yeah I know DVDFab has that but it never works for me or I am missing something some where. Plus PcgEdit lets me take out what I don't want.

When I have a problem with a DVD I will go back and work out who is at fault. That day I thought I had edited too much stuff off and I thought that was why I didn't get the subtitles. Hence blaming PcgEdit. But I did exactly the same thing I always do, but with v9.0.1.2 and I had the no subtitles. So I went back and did exactly what I normally do but with v8.2.2.0 and got subtitles.

So I think v9.0.1.2 does not give us subtitles. I wont know until I copy another DVD with subtitles when I next get a DVD. Perhaps for Xmas?

Comment

Working...
                              X