This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licensing lost without internet

If I do not have an active internet connection, DVDFab v9.x.x.x will not activate the licensing. It starts with every product (except HD Decrypter) in an expired trial mode - AND I JUST BOUGHT A LIFETIME LICENSE ON EVERYTHING right before the release of v9.

I downloaded the new key and activated it with v9 DVDFab, but it still will not load up with license info if I am not connected to the internet.

While I can understand the necessity to connect to the internet for Blu-ray decryption info, if I need to be connected to the internet for simple DVD copying, the product is kind of ruined for me.

I agree

My internet connection is down 50% of the time, it is better than the other option in my area, which is down 80%.

Comment

Originally posted by cyberian View Post

AND I JUST BOUGHT A LIFETIME LICENSE ON EVERYTHING right before the release of v9.

I downloaded the new key and activated it with v9 DVDFab, but it still will not load up with license info if I am not connected to the internet.

While I can understand the necessity to connect to the internet for Blu-ray decryption info, if I need to be connected to the internet for simple DVD copying, the product is kind of ruined for me.
      I just got a lifetime license too and if I would I readed this post before I got it I would have NOT GOT IT

Why do I need to be connected to the internet for simple DVD copying or Ripping?
      Going back to dvdfab 8

Don`t get me wrong I love dvdfab just don`t like to have to connect to internet just to use it all the time
      Last edited by tommyboy714; 12-22-2012, 05:29 AM.

Comment

tommyboy

You have made several posts about this and your questions have been answered. Do not make any more, they will be deleted.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Tommyboy posted, but you still aren't listening

Tommyboy posted, but the responses do NOT address the problem; it's as if you are not even listening.

What good is the licensing key for v9, when I have to connect to your servers to validate my license anyway??

Why is connecting to the internet needed to rip simple DVDs??

v8 does not do this, and works great, why change it for v9??

Until you can answer these questions, do not criticize Tommyboy for getting the message out...just fix it.

Comment

Cyberian, when signals see this your first post may be your last! The decision has been made and your ranting will not change it. Enough!
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Licensing lost without internet

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              Cyberian, when signals see this your first post may be your last! The decision has been made and your ranting will not change it. Enough!
              90312, no one is ranting.
              I have not cross-posted, this is only in one thread.

I asked some very valid questions pertaining to:
              Product usability
              Product enjoyment
              Product development

Others have expressed the same concerns, and the only answer so far has not been any explanation, but simply a "that's the way it is, deal with it" response.
              This is a forum, open for discussion and debate; not a place where the only posts you want to see are in agreement with you.

If you want to add some valid input to the thread, perhaps it can be something more valuable than "when daddy finds out what you wrote, you gonna be in TRUHHHHH-BLE!"

Perhaps you can tell me the purpose of a v9 license key when I need to connect to the servers to make the product function anyway?

Comment

I don't need to tell anyone and I don't debate. Take five days vacation on me!
                Last edited by 90312; 12-22-2012, 09:50 PM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You do not have to stay connected to use DVDFab, for DVDs after the program loads you can log off the Internet. For Blu-Ray after the disc completely scans you can log off the net. It just needs to verify your license and decrypt the BR disc as it always has.

Albert Einstein

Comment

This is what worry me, in 2002 I got some dvd s/w that you had to log online just like dvdfab9 and now it is useless. so I got a new dvd program thats you got keys to activate it( just like dvdfab8) and it still work but only on some dvd`s (but it works).So if something happens to dvdfab9(go out of business) it will no longer work but dvdfab8 will still work but with no more updates.This is all I worry about.

Don`t get me wrong I love dvdfab just don`t like to have to connect to internet just to use it

Comment

Do not blame DVDFab because you made some bad purchase decisions in the past, do not paint them with the same brush as the others.

You have had answers to your questions, this discussion has gone on long enough.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

An Option that would work for me

How about adding a timer into DVDFab 9. Then, we would not have to connect each and every time that the program is started. But lets say it tries each time but will run as long as it got a connection and license verification within the last 7 days. This resolves 2 problems, my ISP and any downtime to/from DVDFab's computers.

Comment

A good idea that might help some users if it can be written in a way that still protects the integrity of the license.

Comment

Climber, I've deleted your post. Double posting is against the forum rules, you've had your say in the other thread and that's enough.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X