9.0.1.5, 9.0.1.6, 9.0.1.8 Beta Crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9.0.1.5, 9.0.1.6, 9.0.1.8 Beta Crashing

The program installs just fine but when I try to open it, the welcome screen comes up then it locks my computer up. This happens on my desktop and laptop. I have to push and hold the power button to get them to shut down.

The desktop: Win 7 64 Bit, 16GB Ram, AMD FX-8150 CPU, Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT. Everything is up to date Video card driver Windows bios etc.

The laptop: Win 8 64 Bit, 8GB Ram, i5-3317U CPU, Intel HD 4000 Graphics. Again everything is up to date.

I've attached the log file for my desktop.

Let me know if you need more information or what I need to do, Thanks.

I forgot to mention version 8.2.2.6 runs just fine on both machines.
    Attached Files

Update, 9.0.1.6 is now working on the laptop.

I reloaded an image from 1/3/12 to the desktop with minimal programs. Then installed all windows updates and updated Java, Flash, video card etc. But when I install 9.0.1.6 it locks up again?

Comment

Probably the video driver. Make sure it is the newest.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The video card driver is up to date. Nvidia 310.70.
        Last edited by myers6mm; 01-02-2013, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Hi,

Please update to the latest build 9020 and have a try!

If still reproduce please post your log again.
          Thanks!

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I don't usually install Beta's unless the address a specific encryption issue with a particular movie so I was still running 9.016 and had no issues. But since 9.020 was release, 9.016 would no longer start and would crash.

When I got a chance I update to 9020 and it went away. Maybe with the "online" requirement in v9 there is a issue with running older revisions.

Comment

To update everything, I wiped my desktop clean and did a fresh install of Win 7. I also purchased a new video card. The previous versions still locked my system up like before.

Now 9.0.2.0 crashes on start up, it doesn't lock my computer up but it crashes. Then it wants to send a report to DVDFab, which I send. I'm attaching another log file.
              Attached Files

Comment

With v9, are you manually terminating the process or is DVDFab doing that?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I attached a screen shot of what comes up when I try to open 9.0.2.0 .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Now version 8.2.2.6 is locking my desktop up like version 9! I can no longer use DVDFab on my desktop! I'm trying a startup repair on my desktop because it will no longer start after trying to open version 8.2.2.6 .

Comment

Ok, I got my desktop running again. After reading some other posts I began to wonder if my PowerISO was interfering with DVDFab. So I uninstalled PowerISO but I do need a program to use ISO's so I installed DVDFab Virtual Drive. It locked my computer up during the install, so I had to push and hold the power button to shut my computer down. When I brought it back up V.D. was installed but wouldn't open. I looked in add & remove programs and it's not there, I try to end the process in task manager but it won't stop. I was trying to do a system restore from windows but it locks up. Now I'm trying to do a system restore form the Windows DVD but it locks up also! Every DVDFab program is screwing my computer up

It look like I will have to wipe my computer clean for the second time in a week! No recovery option is working, It wont boot to windows anymore! System Restore from safe mode fails! Last known good configuration locks up and won't finish! Start up repair locks up and won't finish! It starts to boot to the DVD then locks up and won't finish! I'm going to have to pull my HDD and format it with another computer before I can install windows

Comment

Hi myers6mm

Check your PSU, it sounds very similar to a problem I was having some years ago with my PC locking up and crashing all the time as yours does, and no recovery or system restore would work, it turned out it was the PSU, when I replaced it, the problem was gone.

Try another PSU and see if it works ok.

Comment

Hi solrac42,

Thanks for the thought but the PSU tests just fine with 2 different testers. What I ended up doing was putting the video card in the other PCI slot and everything is working fine. Everything was working fine before messing with DVDFab. Not sure what happen, the mobo isn't that old Sabertooth 990FX. I even put the old video card back in the original PCI slot and it would not work.

A little leery about messing with DVDFab for a little while. Although I don't understand how it could have messed with the mobo like this.

Comment

Having the exact same problem with 9.0.2.0

Comment

I have had the same problem, just with ver.9, when it starts up my computer locks up and I have to restart, all other DVDFabs have worked with no problems, So I tryed this, I disabled my firewall and it opened up just fine, that was Fab 9.0.1.6 I have not tryed the newest one yet, but I think my problem is that my firewall is stopping Fab from connecting to server, and I have to find a way to allow it to connect, I hope thiis helps.. someone
                              Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X