8.x/9.x won't stop analysing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.x/9.x won't stop analysing

Weird problem on Win 7: whenever I rip a DVD/BD, DVDfab just won't finish analysing it. Even after uninstalling/reinstalling latest final or beta, it always happens, even with simple DVDs that caused no problems before. I installed DVDfab 7.x non QT and it worked fine (though I doubt it's a QT problem cause MakeMKV runs flawlessly).

So how can I completely rid my system of all 8.x/9.x stuff to try a clean install?

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
    MultiShrink
    : DVD Shrink batch processing
    Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Uninstall DVDFab like you would normally and then open My Computer and go to C:\Program Files or where ever you installed DVDFab and delete the DVDFab folder....now close Program Files

Since you are already have your ‘C’ drive open go to ‘Documents and Settings/Owner/Administrator’ and open the Hidden Folder called ‘Application Data’, if it is not seen it can be displayed by clicking on tools on the menu bar and clicking on 'Folder Options' and then by selecting the view tab, under Hidden Files and Folders and putting the tick mark next to "Show hidden files and folders"...now go all the way down the list to "PCouffin" that was left behind when DVDFab was uninstalled and delete the PCouffin which there should be 4 entries, delete all of them and the VSO folder (it will be empty) if they are not being used by any other software program....close documents and settings.

Now the last thing you want to do in your "C" drive is to open
    "C:\Windows\Prefetch" and delete all entries for DVDFab, if you installed versions on top of others or had multiple installs you will have old prefetch files from older versions now close the "C" drive.

Now open "My Documents" and delete the DVDFab Folder and the
    "PCSETUP" Folder ...now close my documents

Only do the steps below if you know what you are doing and feel comfortable working in the Windows registry, if you feel uneasy messing around with the registry editor then please try using a good registry cleaner first after you do a normal removal of DVDFab, if you don't have a registry cleaner and don't know which one to use then I suggest using either CCleaner or Revo they are free and does a very good job.

Please note that you should run the registry cleaner several times to ensure it has removed all traces of DVDFab from the registry before you re-install DVDFab again.

Open "Registry Editor" and go to the following keys
    "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" delete all entries for DVDFab
    ( you will have to go down the list very far to find them )
    now close the "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT" key

Now open the following key
    "HKEY_CURRENT_USER">> "SOFTWARE" and delete the DVDFab
    folder and the VSO folder(if not used by another program on your
    system)
    close the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" key

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE">> "SOFTWARE" and delete the DVDFab
    folder and the VSO folder( if not used by another program)
    close HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

"HKEY_USERS"
    here you will see entries with sets of numbers, your account will/should be the entry with the longest set of numbers..open it and go to software and delete all entries for DVDFab and VSO..
    closr HKEY_USERS and exit the registry editor

Empty the recycle bin and reboot and re-install DVDFab (NOTE) DO NOT USE the old
    download file of DVDFab that you have had on your computer
    "could be corrupt re-download a new copy of the installer.

MYCE

Comment

Phew, I really was hoping for some special uninstaller tool for this

MultiShrink

Comment

The uninstaller that comes with DVDFab followed by CC Cleaner or just Revo by itself will get it done.

What you are seeing is almost always a conflict with some other software or an OS setting like autoplay.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

dvdfab

You can try turning off path player or by having it set to run all the time NOT just when needed, Myself I would try this first before reinstalling FAB
          Paid Not To Work
          US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
          Proudly Served On
          USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
          6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

As it turns out, Pathplayer was enabled (which is weird cause I always set it to "when necessary" upon install) and when I turned it off, everything worked fine again. Thanks.

MultiShrink

Comment

Originally posted by Chetwood View Post
              As it turns out, Pathplayer was enabled (which is weird cause I always set it to "when necessary" upon install) and when I turned it off, everything worked fine again. Thanks.
              Glad that worked out for you, a lot of the scan problems can be cured by the path player settings
              Paid Not To Work
              US Navy Retired ( 20 Years )
              Proudly Served On
              USS Coral Sea CVA-43 (VF-154) / USS Oriskany CVA-34 (VFP-63) / USS Ranger CVA-61 (VF-121)
              6 trips to the Gulf Of Tonkin

Comment

Working...
              X