This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

academy award copy

Got a copy of the academy award screening DVD for Zero Dark Thirty that won't copy. On the disc, Audio_TS folder and Video_TS Folder are both empty.

There are several files on the DVD that are all 2KB in size. Windows show the disc to be completely full 8.3 GB used but DVDFAB shows 0 bytes.

Any ideas?

Screening copies are weird like that and usually on a -R disc, have you tried to clone it to a like sized blank to see what happens?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Academy Award Copy

Nothing works. Here is what I get when DVDFAB reads the disk: Shows 0 MB to Copy. Can't find any files. ???
      Attached Files

Comment

Not full disc, clone. Click the burn tab and see if it will make a bit for bit copy?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope. It just ejects the disc

Comment

It's unlikely this will be dealt with until it is widespread, you might try a screen copy program like audials or something.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi tommytt
              Please post your internal logs.
              Have you tried disabling Path player in Fab settings to see if it can now read the disc?
              Please insert your disc let Fab read it and post the source info see pic.
              CBR929
              Attached Files
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I think these discs are authored with a non-standard file system that will play only on standalones (i.e. not PCs). I agree with 90312 that Clone mode would be the only hope with the possible exception of Passkey's rip-to-ISO mode.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Screener

I know I'll get flamed but everyone is encouraging Tommytt to make an illegal copy. These screeners are to be sent back to the Academy after viewing by Academy members (they're also watermarked and invididually numbered).
                  As a paid DVDFab subscriber, I'd hate to see Fab taken down because this forum member is not following the rules. Even if Tommytt is an Academy member I don't think he's supposed to make a copy.
                  I'm ready for the heat. Just looking out for FAB.

Comment

@Miami.

You are not going to get flamed by me!

IMHO, You are totally correct and this thread should be locked & Tommytt warned.
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If you have to return the disc then it doesn't comply with fair use and will not be discussed on this forum...thread closed.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                      X