X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merging not quite working once playing chapters from 2nd disk

Hi,
    I've backed up my 2-disk set to two folders on my HDD using DVDFab and now wish to merge them into a single folder. When I backed up, I chose the main-movie option for both disks and just the DTS audio stream.

I go through the merge process selecting the first folder, clicking next, then selecting the 2nd folder and then clicking Start.

All goes through ok and DVDFab reports success.

Viewing in Windows Media Player works fine. When I view the movie in windows media centre, it goes fine through the chapters from the first disk, but once I get into the chapters from the 2nd disk, the video gets locked in a loop (a very short loop - you might say just jerking) the audio continues to play fine.

Is there something I need to do to avoid this behaviour?

thanks

J
    Last edited by jebidiah; 09-20-2009, 09:46 AM.

Resolved with DVDShrink

Well, seems DVDShrink doesn't have this issue and is markedly quicker so I guess it's a combination of the two

Comment

More Info!

Hi Jeb

With a problem like this you must at least tell us which version of DVDFab you are using, and other information might be helpful too. Please read the Help us Help You sitcky.

//EDIT// I just tried a Merge of two unrelated movies with v6.0.7.0 that worked fine. If you can't get this to work, I would suggest the following:
      1)Open DVDFab with no discs in any optical drive
      2)In any DVD to DVD mode, select the folder that contains the original rip of the first merge source as the Source and let it analyze.
      3)Cllick the green circled checkmark to access the Info page.
      4)Click on the Send IFO files button. Add an explanation in the text box at the bottom with an indication that this is Source 1
      5)Repeat steps 2 through 4 for the second Source AND the Merged output folder. Put a link to this thread in one of the text boxes, or all three.
      This provides more information than just zipping the IFO files and attaching them to a post.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi jebidiah,

After the very short loop, does the playback go back to normal? Because after merging, the playback for adjacent two titles are not seamless, so there must have a little jerking when switching titles.

Best Regards,
        Fengtao
        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

I have merged two dual-disc movies and except for a very short black screen between disc, have had no problems. I have used the free version for a couple of years, and decieded to buy for the extra capabilities, no regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by OtisTHC View Post
            I have merged two dual-disc movies and except for a very short black screen between disc, have had no problems. I have used the free version for a couple of years, and decieded to buy for the extra capabilities, no regrets.
            Hi OtisTHC and welcome,

Just exactly as Fengtao described.
            Appreciate the feedback
            If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
            X