Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Region codes oh those damn region codes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Region codes oh those damn region codes.

All,
    I'm admittedly a newbie to this software and the forum. Is there a way this software can change the starting region code of a dvd or file so that it will play in a region 1 player? I've searched all over for a code to make either one of my two dvd players region free but apparently they do not exist. I have downloaded two great movies that I want to watch and they won't play due to region restrictions. All help will be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Hexman

All DVDFab backup copies are region-free unless you tell it not to make them so. Should not be a problem. I'm moving this thread to the DVD to DVD forum.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

As my good friend signals said,
      "All DVDFab backup copies are region-free unless you tell it not to make them so".

You may have more than region code problems,
      You also may have to deal with NTSC/PAL issues.
      While some players can handle both formats, most cannot.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Originally posted by Hexman View Post
        All,
        I'm admittedly a newbie to this software and the forum. Is there a way this software can change the starting region code of a dvd or file so that it will play in a region 1 player? I've searched all over for a code to make either one of my two dvd players region free but apparently they do not exist. I have downloaded two great movies that I want to watch and they won't play due to region restrictions. All help will be appreciated.
        Thanks,
        Hexman
        Just an outside chance, are you sure that your downloaded movies are encoded in the DVD format? Many downloaded movies are DivX/XviD encoded which most standalone DVD players would not support or play. If this is the case, DVDFab or any other software application would not be able to help you. [Edit: You could use video format conversion applications to change the format and create DVDs which would be playable on your standalone players.] However, you can still watch these movies on your PC via its DVD drive with the proper codec(s) installed.
        Last edited by tli; 09-20-2009, 11:35 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

Working...
        X