DVDFab 9.0.3.8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab 9.0.3.8

In DVDFab version 8, when I was doing a DVD Copy, I could instruct the program to put its output files in a specific directory, usually M:\MOVIES. Each and all subsequent copies for that session would output to that directory.

Now with version 9 of DVDFab, after each copy, the program resets the output directory to be the first DVD writer, D:\ in my situation.

Can we get the previous functionality back? It is a pain to have to do that when you want to copy more than one dvd at a time.

Thanks!

I noticed this same problem recently one or two betas ago but found that there was a simple solution to the problem.

Because the betas sometimes cause changes in the settings, I've gotten into the habit of checking my settings when ever I upgrade. But recently I found that DVDFab wanted to write to DVD instead to the hard drive.

So this forced me to double check all my settings and I found that I had overlooked the settings for:
    DVD > DVD Copy > Default output type.

I originally had it set to DVD Folder, yet the Upgrade had changed it to DVD Writer.

Since then, it's worked just fine.

This is what had caused my problem and I suspect possibly your problem.

As for the specific directory, Just make sure you have it set here:
    General > General > Output Directory

I hope this helps 幸運

Comment

It has to be set for each media type...

I set it up as above for DVD and for BD and now, once it reads the disc, it then defaults to the directory on the hard drive. Prior to inserting the disc, the destination remains blank.

Comment

The output target remains blank until a disc is inserted in Copy and Creator modes, for Ripper and Convert it seems to remember the default target setting. This is with 9038. Some of the Settings code was redone I think in 9037 or just before, the goal being to eventually alllow storing your settings on the server for quick restoration in the event of disasters.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I do not have a general output directory see screen shot
          Attached Files

Comment

Mine gets set to E when I am using D

Comment

Originally posted by shoe View Post
              I do not have a general output directory see screen shot
              Your screenshot shows output type set to Clone/Burn.

This is why you are not being given a choice of a directory to copy the disk to.

Read my original reply to wallyps on 04-30-2013 and go into your settings by clicking on the Gear in the upper right corner of DVDFab.

If you want to Copy your disks to hard drive, then you need to change the Default output type from DVD Writer to DVD Folder.

Comment

This is what I have where do I go to find the right out put folder
                Attached Files

Comment

Output directory. Second input box down on your screenshot.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks GregiBoy for picking up my slack!

-

Shoe, I see you were able to figure things out from reading the post I referred you to.

Sorry I wasn't a bit more instructive.
                    It was late night and I was really tired, easy to make mistakes.

Just got up about 40 minutes ago and on first cup of espresso.

Comment

I set it to DVD folder and now it keeps asking me to put writable media in D drive over and over so now what

Comment

Two things....

Double check to make sure that the Default output Type is still set to DVD Folder. If it isn't, then change it back and make sure you click the "OK" button and Not the red "X" in the corner.

The reason I say this is because I know how easy it is to do this without realizing it as I've done this myself.

The other thing is while you are in the settings, (before you click "OK") select the Drives Menu Tab across the top, then on the left side make sure the Drive Menu Tab is selected.

Make sure that DVDFab Virtual Drive is "Un-Checked" because this can cause problems sometimes as I recall from past threads in the Version 8 series.

Now after you do this, just verify your Output Directory by going to the General Menu Tab across the top and on the left side.

If after this, it still asks you for a Blank Disk, Hit Cancel, then the Finish Button.

Now at this point, Do not do anything else....

Take a close look at the bottom of DVDFab where the Save to: is.
                        You should see both a Folder Button and an Optical Drive Button.

Click on the Folder Button and select where to save the output to, then try again and hopefully you should be OK.

One other thing I just thought of, pay close attention to what buttons are highlighted in Royal Blue.
                        With the Two Menus across the top of DVDFab, the second row, if you are trying to copy to Hard Drive, the last Button "Clone/Burn" should not be highlighted. Cause each button has different functions.

幸運

Comment

It is working now Thank you all for your time and patience I felt like I was wearing stupid today Thanks again and have a great day

Comment

I'm having the same problem with 9038. I have gone through all the steps you have in this thread and I still cannot get FAB to work. It keeps asking for a writable disc. I am using the "Ripper" option for Blu Ray discs only. I rarely, if ever, rip or copy DVDs. I have my setting set to "Blu Ray Folder" in the "Default Output Type" section. In the DVD section I have it set to "DVD Folder". In the "Save To:" section, I have- B:/Movies, in the "Profile" I have -mkv.passthrough.

A couple things. First, you suggest:

"One other thing I just thought of, pay close attention to what buttons are highlighted in Royal Blue. With the Two Menus across the top of DVDFab, the second row, if you are trying to copy to Hard Drive, the last Button "Clone/Burn" should not be highlighted."
                            This option does not come up in the "Ripping" menu (Only in the "Copy" menu) so it seems like a moot point.

Also, you suggest
                            "Make sure that DVDFab Virtual Drive is "Un-Checked" .
                            I cannot find anywhere where there is a "Virtual Drive" that can be checked/un-checked. Where is this?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Gregavi,

Seeing as you are trying to do BlueRay, the Specific Settings you are looking for will be found as listed below.

Click on the Gear in the upper right corner of DVDFab, then across the top of the setting Dialog window,
                              select the Blue-ray Menu Tab and on the Left side select the Blue-ray Copy Menu Tab.

As for DVDFab Virtual Drive, when you go into the settings and select the Drives Menu Tab across the top and Drives Menu Tab on the left side, If DVDFab Virtual Drive is not listed, then don't worry about it as all this means is that you don't have it installed.

DVDFab Virtual Drive is a Freebie from DVDFab..

Once you have your options set for Blue-ray, if it still asks you for a disk, then just follow the directions I gave in my last reply to Shoe.
                              幸運

Comment

Working...
                              X