OK, what is going on ??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, what is going on ??????

I have a license to go thru 2015 for version 8 which I use most of the time since I don't like using version 9 that has to connect to the internet to work. Here are the problems.......

1. I try and use the latest version 8 and when it starts it trys to use version 9 and connect to the network. What is with that ??????????

2. I have said a number of times that version 9 should not require you to connect to the internet to do a copy.... So that is why I don't use it.

3. So how do we fix the V8-V9 funning problem here ????

Regards
    Jib01

As to
    1) I have 2 v8s installed with v9 and they both start normally, must be a Windows issue. Check the properties of the desktop shortcut, see what file it points to.

2) This is not a problem, it is an opinion.

3) See 1) above. Try reinstalling your v8.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Simple question

1. Are you trying to move all the people using version 8 to version 9 ??

2. Is version 8 going away ???

3 Pointers for V8 and V9 are correct.

4. Is V9 only trial even tho I have a license for V8 thru 2015 ???

Regards
      Jib01

Comment

If you haven't do so yet go here and create an account: http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm be sure to use the email address you used when you purchased version 8 and select a password of your choosing.

If you have done this already click the question mark at the top of the fab9 screen and select register to enter your info.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I have two emails addresses. How do I know which one I used ? It is accepting both.
          regards

PS. It may be a problem with Jack Reacher --- Maybe Tom Cruise has figured you out.

Comment

One will allow you to register and one won't when you open version 9.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
              If you haven't do so yet go here and create an account: http://www.dvdfab.com/member.htm be sure to use the email address you used when you purchased version 8 and select a password of your choosing.

If you have done this already click the question mark at the top of the fab9 screen and select register to enter your info.
              Please answer the original question! Is version 8 going away?
              Where is the support?

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                As to
                1) I have 2 v8s installed with v9 and they both start normally, must be a Windows issue. Check the properties of the desktop shortcut, see what file it points to.

2) This is not a problem, it is an opinion.

3) See 1) above. Try reinstalling your v8.
                I tend to agree with the original poster. There are times that when I am traveling, I will bring my laptop. I pop in a DVD, begin the conversion (it's a laptop - it takes 45-60 minutes to convert. At which time I pull over, stretch my legs, and switch DVD's.

Where I drive from and to, there is not a cellular signal for data. And contrary to popular belief, there is not a Starbucks every 10 miles along Interstate 80 from Reno to Salt Lake, to Rawlins, WY, to Rapid City, and onto "Frostbite Falls" (NW corner of SD @ Minnesota and North Dakota).

Please... let the software do it's connection request. If it can't connect, warn the user that they have until mm/dd/yy hh:mm before the software will stop working without phoning home.

That also brings up a very important point...what happens should someone seize the domain or web site. If we can't phone home, all of our paid software becomes useless.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnygreen View Post
                  Where is the support?
                  Version 8 is no longer updated. It will not decrypt Jack Reacher and you can expect more in the future.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You are being evasive ??

Ok, so 8 is going away ? or is it gone NOW ??? At least we know that now. Next problem is Version 9 being able to work when not connected to the network.

Are you going to do something about this ???????????????

I finally got the right login with 9 and Jack Reacher was copied ok.

I think you had better support 9 when offline otherwise you will be loosing a lot of subscribers in the future......
                    Regards
                    Jib01

Comment

Originally posted by sonnygreen View Post
                      Where is the support?
                      Do not hijack somes else's thread, your posts will be deleted in the future.

You can continue to use v8, it will not be turned off but there will be no support for it in terms of decryption updates, etc. There is no charge to upgrade from v8 to v9, and all license expiration dates remain the same.
                      There are no plans as far as I know to build in a grace period or something like that for the truly rare circumstances when a network is not available, but they might consider it. I would expect it to be very limited in number of times you could do it or require a valid login within a specific time frame perhaps. The last thing I want to do while travelling is process DVDs.

I am surprised this comes as such a surprise, it has been coming for months and discussed in the forum often.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Was the Version 8 problem with Jack Reacher a one time problem ?

So Jack Reacher was the problem with Version 8 then ?? You say V8 will continue to work ? If there are no updates for it then it will not work on new DVDs. So 8 is DEAD really...!!!

Version 9 lives.... Long live Version 9...
                        Regards
                        Jib01

Comment

You may be able to rip Jack Reacher to an iso image or folder with version 9 and then do whatever manipulation with version 8 to the HDD source. Version 8 is not dead, just hobbled a bit.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by jib01 View Post
                            So Jack Reacher was the problem with Version 8 then ?? You say V8 will continue to work ? If there are no updates for it then it will not work on new DVDs. So 8 is DEAD really...!!!

Version 9 lives.... Long live Version 9...
                            Regards
                            Jib01
                            Hi jib01
                            Jack Reacher needed an encryption update for it to work, since version 8 is no longer going to be updated, version 9 got the update.
                            Version 8 will still work for newer movies that will not need an update, you can also use version 9 to remove the encryption on newer movies that need an update then use version 8 to do your processing, but that seems like more work.
                            I have almost all the installers for version 8-9, so I can always go back to whatever version I want to use if having problems with a new release.
                            CBR929

Sorry my friend didn't see you
                            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I was just looking out of curiosity and noticed I have all the installers going back to Version 4 in early 2008 - for no particularly good reason. Lot of changes over the years...

Comment

Working...
                              X