Can't install DVDfab 9.040

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't install DVDfab 9.040

I have been using version 8 through many updates without any problem. I was unable to make a backup of Jack Reacher so I downloaded version 9.040.
    It gets to the screen "Please wait while we install dvdFAB....." Nothing appears in the box below where files being copied usually show up. After a 5 minutes I just tell windows to close it and it says setup is not responding.
    It never creates a DVD9 folder.
    I am running it as administrator.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks pete

PS: I am downloading 9.039 beta to see if it will install

You can try to shut down the process in the Task Manager, and reinstall the software. Remeber to shut down the program when you install the 9.4.0
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

trying to install 9.040

I have no problem shutting down the hung up install file with task manager. But it hangs every time I try to install. I have tried to install it about 5 times. I also tried to install the 9.039 beta but it does exactly the same thing.
      It would appear I am stuck with version 8 which apparently will not be updated. Anybody have any ideas.
      I am very disappointed with DVDfab at the moment.

pete

Comment

What version of windows are you running?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by cisop View Post
          I have been using version 8 through many updates without any problem. I was unable to make a backup of Jack Reacher so I downloaded version 9.040.
          It gets to the screen "Please wait while we install dvdFAB....." Nothing appears in the box below where files being copied usually show up. After a 5 minutes I just tell windows to close it and it says setup is not responding.
          It never creates a DVD9 folder.
          I am running it as administrator.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks pete

PS: I am downloading 9.039 beta to see if it will install

You may have a corrupt download. I had this same issue one time (don't remember which version). Try re-downloading the files.

Comment

install 9.0.4.0 solved

I did what I always tell everybody else to do when they have a problem install. Roboot your computer!! When I did that everything installed fine. I was also able to get registered and make a successful backup of John Reacher.
            Sorry I got carried away a bit.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

-
            pete

Comment

Working...
            X