Display of Size and Compression Ratio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Display of Size and Compression Ratio

I just noticed this when copying a DVD using 9.0.4.7 probably because it has PCM sound on the DVD.

When you uncheck English PCM/2 the Size in the Summary section doesn't change nor does the Compression Ratio on the bottom.

The Output comes out correctly because the size of the Output is less than 4472 MB and does not need compression. It is just that the display is giving incorrect information. The correct info should be 100 Compression Ratio and a size of 3712 MB.
    Attached Files

You are correct, I had noticed this also. Hopefully it can be corrected quickly. Annoying.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Compression ratio on customize

Hi In the Main movie if you click on a track it tells what size it is currently and then the size it will have to be to written on a 25GB disc (if you have that selected) and then the compression ratio. However on customize it doesn't do this properly...I have selected two tracks to go onto the new disc which I know is just around 24GB from the main movie option and adding the values but the details info on the right still says 34GB->23.307. The 34GB is the full size of the disc - this is necessary information...how do I make it display correctly!

Thanks

Comment

I have another question about customize

This makes no sense to me: please explain although it might make the compression issue more evident.

I use "Main movie" function to copy the main movie with one audio track, i hit start and it says video reencode 23080kbps and it is constantly working about 10MB/s and will be done in 38 minutes.

I then try to do the EXACT SAME THING from the "Customize" section, I select the same single movie track with the same single audio channel. It says on the right 34GB->23.307 (versus the main movie 24.4->23.307) and then hit start. It then says reencode rate 6833kbps and within 5 seconds gets up to 5.4MB/s and then starts to fall...I hit cancel after about a minute when it is transferring at 0.80MB/s and will be done in 14 hours. How can this happen - it's doing EXACTLY the same function???

Please help

Comment

Working...
        X