Fab 8.2.2.# Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fab 8.2.2.# Updates

So what's the story on updates for Fab 8.2.2.#? I read somewhere on here awhile back that 8.2.2.8 was going to be the last, which I found kind of disturbing after I recently purchased a lifetime license (February 9th, 2013, if my license key's date stamp is correct) based on how much I liked 8.2.2.6. I am still using that version because so far I have had very few problems with it. There have been a few DVD's in my collection that it wouldn't read, but I can live with that. They're all old movies and backing them up isn't that much of a big deal.

In any case, today I logged on and found 8.2.2.9 had been released. I like 8.2.2.6 and unless I have a pressing reason to update it I don't plan to. But it would be nice to have updates should I need them, and that is why I decided on a lifetime license. I didn't want a limited license, only to find I needed an update two weeks after it had expired or something. (Believe me, I have had that happen...)

Please tell me Mr. Fengtao has changed his mind about discontinuing 8.2.2.x support.

Nope, but I think it was the pressure of getting things right in 9 which your lifetime licence allows you to use.

Why don't you do what most of us old hand o? Keep our favourite release of each version installed? e.g. 5.1.4.2, 6.3.5.6, 7.1.4.3, 8.2.2.6, 9.0.5.5

All can happily co-exist.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

There was a single update to v8, v8.2.2.9 but I do not know if or when there will be any more. If there are, they will be for decryption updates, not new features.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, guys... I don't really care so much about new features, because there really isn't much I would add to it. A progress indicator in the task bar would be nice, but I can live without that.

I have copied about 700 of my 1100 DVD's and there has only been about 1 in 40 or 50 that have not worked for whatever reason. Since all of my DVD's are in near mint condition, I figured it has to be some kind of copy protection that Fab doesn't recognize and thus can't rip.

Comment

If they are newer releases, that is when you would need the latest version.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

No, they aren't new releases. I haven't had very many problems with those. Every time I have I found what to do posted on the board. I just installed 9.0.6.3 for those. I did install 8.2.2.9 and while don't see much difference between it and 8.2.2.6, I prefer 8.2.2.x over 9.0.6.3 because it's much faster on my computer. 9.0.6.3 works great, but it's kind of slow in comparison.

The DVD's I had read errors with didn't work in 9.0.6.3 either. For example, I have a copy of a three disk set of old Chuck Norris movies, the Missing In Action Trilogy. MIA 1 and MIA 3 copied fine, MIA 2 would not. There is nothing wrong with the disk. I had the same problem with Jurassic Park 2: The Lost World, Enter The Dragon, and a bunch of others that I can't recall the names of off hand.

They're all older movies, from the 70's or earlier. They've all been handled with the utmost care so they're in near mint condition, with no scratches, etc. They all play fine in my Toshiba DVD player and in both of my DVD writers on the computer. I have an old Sony Q30A and a Lite-On iHAS124W, both SATA. I tried using both as the source drive and I can't copy any of them. It's just one of those things I guess...

Comment

Originally posted by Axel Slingerland View Post
              They're all older movies, from the 70's or earlier. They've all been handled with the utmost care so they're in near mint condition, with no scratches, etc. They all play fine in my Toshiba DVD player and in both of my DVD writers on the computer. I have an old Sony Q30A and a Lite-On iHAS124W, both SATA. I tried using both as the source drive and I can't copy any of them. It's just one of those things I guess...

When play some old DVDs, please disable Path player and try again.
              Disable PathPlayer: common settings ->DVD->PathPlayer ->disable PathPlayer
              Attached Files
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Thanks, Dora. I'll try that.

Comment

Working...
                X