This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can not install

I download 9057 this morning installed it my usual way and everything was fine, even ran a quick converter test.
    Came home after work to do testing, crashes every time.
    Cleaned the registry, downloaded a fresh installer, turned off all anti virus.
    Installed about 8 more times, and nothing.
    Windows pop up, DVD Fab has stopped working and will check for a solution.
    CBR929
    Last edited by CBR929; 08-10-2013, 01:30 AM.
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Mine does the same thing, ran fine for a time or two and now won't start at all. I get the report screen every time. Clean reinstall no help
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Crap, I was going to install it just now....

I think I'll wait..
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I even get the windows pop up message during uninstall.
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Same here, thought it was just me. I made some unusual adjustments to test some of the features and thought that was it, but apparently not. I uninstalled and cleaned with Revo, no help still crashes on install, near the very end of the process. I have sent the little windows crash report thing to the staff.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
            Same here, thought it was just me. I made some unusual adjustments to test some of the features and thought that was it, but apparently not. I uninstalled and cleaned with Revo, no help still crashes on install, near the very end of the process. I have sent the little windows crash report thing to the staff.
            Hi signals
            I did the same thing this morning to test a few things.
            Uninstalled using windows programs and features, CCleaner, Revo, and DVD Fabs uninstaller, cleaned the registry each time.
            I think I'm getting dizzzzzzy...
            CBR929

Comment

Rolled back to 9.0.5.5 and it's all happy.

Albert Einstein

Comment

No problems here. A US thing?

Comment

That is interesting. A language quirk? It seems to kick in after the first run.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    That is interesting. A language quirk? It seems to kick in after the first run.
                    Based on the posts in this thread, it's only mods/admin that's facing the issue. NSA tracked down their adresses and shut down the program and now FBI is going to raid their homes?

Could also be a registry issue. Check on installed drives in the settings. I have now twice as many as before.
                    Last edited by Gummigutta; 08-10-2013, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I installed 9.0.5.7 yesterday and had no problems at all. I just opened it to see if I encountered any issues and everything seems to be working okay.

Comment

I hope it continues to work for you brendajc. Mine worked initially.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
                          Based on the posts in this thread, it's only mods/admin that's facing the issue. NSA tracked down their adresses and shut down the program and now FBI is going to raid their homes?

Could also be a registry issue. Check on installed drives in the settings. I have now twice as many as before.
                          LOL They have a branch office with a safe house in Volvoville as well, so watch yourself!

I think the staff problems are related to some special testing we did. Sorry guys! My drives are normal after reverting to 9055.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post

LOL, I'll make sure to lock my doors and destroy all evidence!!!

Originally posted by brendajc View Post
                            I installed 9.0.5.7 yesterday and had no problems at all. I just opened it to see if I encountered any issues and everything seems to be working okay.
                            As my friend said, ours also worked for a short time.
                            Good thing I keep all Fab installers so going back is a breeze.
                            CBR929

Comment

Thanks 90312 So far, so good. I made a backup movie with v9.0.5.7 and it still works fine.

Comment

Working...
                              X