Odd differences with DVDFab 8 vs 9 DVD splitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd differences with DVDFab 8 vs 9 DVD splitting

I've been having some odd results splitting DVDs using DVDFab v8 & v9, even with the latest updates.

I've had discs split with DVDFab 9 mixing up the episodes, and also linking them to the wrong episodes in the sub menu. i.e disc 1 of the split starts at ep2, and I find that ep1 is on disc 2, but ep3 might be in disc 1. Also, when I went into the episodes sub menu and selected ep1...ep2 played. It was like this for all 6 discs in the series. It's VERY frustrating.

I'm also disappointed with the way v9 handles the splits. I just split a different DVD using v9, and it put a few small extras on disc 1 (580MB total), and compressed EVERYTHING (the entire disc) onto disc 2 (4.19GB total)!
    I resplit the disc using v8 and it did it properly. 4.12GB on disc 1 and 2.94GB on disc 2, ep 1-3 with all extras on disc 1, and ep 4 with all extras on disc 2. Though I've also run across discs in this series that v8 won't split and v9 will.

Granted, this doesn't seem to happen with every disc, but many times v9 wants to compress discs in a split that v8 doesn't.

I'd think that DVDFab 9 should work at least as well as DVDFab 8. Something needs to be fixed in DVDFab 9.
    I'm glad that I kept both versions installed or I would've just thought it was due to something in the structure of the DVDs.
    Last edited by mynamehere; 09-02-2013, 03:59 PM.

additional...

I just noticed that the discs that v9 split and v8 wouldn't was because v8 caught that they were actually DVD5's (whereas neither I nor v9 did), but v9 split it into a 287MB disc, and a 3.47GB disc.

Kinda disappointed that I'm having better luck with the "old" version of DVDFab.

Anyone else had this issue?
    Any staff care to chime in?

Thanks

Comment

The staff is asleep, it is after 1AM in Beijing.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
      X