DVDFab HD Decryptor: Copying DVD5's to Hard Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFab HD Decryptor: Copying DVD5's to Hard Drive

My trial period for DVDFab HD Decryptor has now expired, having used it over the last few weeks for copying both DVD5's and DVD9's over to the hard drive before burning to DVD.

I am a little confused. I was under the impression, going by the details regarding how HD decryptor works, that when the trial period expires, as long as I do not wish to compress a DVD, I can use it to copy discs over to the hard drive. Whilst I can still do this, I have to have it set to DVD9 all the time - whether I am copying a DVD9 OR a DVD5 ! Why do I need to set it to DVD9 when I am copying a DVD5 over to the hard drive? I am not compressing the video, am I? It's a DVD5 ! Why doesn't it allow me to copy it over to the hard drive when I set it to DVD5? I would have thought that the DVD5 option was the most logical setting to use, for copying over a DVD5 to the hard drive.

I don't get it

Can anybody please help me to understand this.

It will still be a DVD5 after the copying. The DVD-5 setting is not allowed in HD Decrypter mode. You can use it like that forever.

To clarify, the setting (DVD-9 vs DVD-5) is basically a compression switch. DVD-9 means none, which is what HD Decrypter allows. DVDFab will determine the size of the input and provide the same size as an output, so a DVD-5 will be output as a DVD-5.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X