Cannot connect to Internet error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot connect to Internet error

I installed the new version tonight and wanted to copy and also RIP a new DVD I just purchased. After installing v9072, I launched DVDFab. I received a DVDFab failed to connect the Internet, please check you network settings and reconnect, or enable HD Decrypter. I tried enabling HD Decrypter and when DVDFab launched, it told me that my trial period was over. I went to look at my license via the DVDFab application and it said that my licenses were expired for both DVD Copy and DVD Ripper. I have a Never Expire license for both DVD Copy and DVD Ripper. I could not copy or RIP anything. I went to the license website and downloaded my license (and the Internet connection was just fine) and tried applying my license again. Still the same issue. I tried installing DVDFab on my laptop and got the same results. Are you having server issues?

Originally posted by Seventhgift View Post
    I installed the new version tonight and wanted to copy and also RIP a new DVD I just purchased. After installing v9072, I launched DVDFab. I received a DVDFab failed to connect the Internet, please check you network settings and reconnect, or enable HD Decrypter. I tried enabling HD Decrypter and when DVDFab launched, it told me that my trial period was over. I went to look at my license via the DVDFab application and it said that my licenses were expired for both DVD Copy and DVD Ripper. I have a Never Expire license for both DVD Copy and DVD Ripper. I could not copy or RIP anything. I went to the license website and downloaded my license (and the Internet connection was just fine) and tried applying my license again. Still the same issue. I tried installing DVDFab on my laptop and got the same results. Are you having server issues?
    Just wait. Server issues by fab, they are resolving.
    I am sorry for that.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Server is OK now.

Comment

I figured

I expressed my displeasure at what the SW Devs did that required a connection and a phone home feature when it first came out and brought up just this very thing. If I cannot connect to the server, I have paid for a useless piece of software. I was told that it would never happen. Now that it has happened, maybe some changes will happen. Maybe. . .

Seventhgift

Comment

You are confusing license validity checking with decryption, entirely different purposes and processes. The changes likely to come of this are mirror site(s) for the decryption data, since that is what failed. And there have already been changes in the license checking to make it a lighter burden.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Cannot find internet to load newest version

Even though I just downloaded the latest version of DVD copy from the internet and installed it, when trying to start the program I get repeated messages that the internet cannot be found. The internet is working for other programs working. Is there a DVDFab server issue?

Comment

No server issues I know of, check your security/ AntiVirus program and make sure DVDFab is in the exception list for access to the net.
              How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
              Albert Einstein

Comment

Unable to open DVDFab after updates

I continually have issues with opening the program after updating software.

"DVDFab failed to connect the internet, please check your network settings and reconnect"

I do not have an internet issue and there is no blocking of the site by virus apps. This is a problem that has happened in the past and resolved by re-registering the program. This time I am unable to re-register as the registration process also "Failed to make internet connection."

This is frustrating as I have been a registered user since the beginning of DVDFab program.

Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by markb95312 View Post
                  I continually have issues with opening the program after updating software.

"DVDFab failed to connect the internet, please check your network settings and reconnect"

I do not have an internet issue and there is no blocking of the site by virus apps. This is a problem that has happened in the past and resolved by re-registering the program. This time I am unable to re-register as the registration process also "Failed to make internet connection."

This is frustrating as I have been a registered user since the beginning of DVDFab program.

Please help!
                  There is no server issue. Are you still unable connect the network?
                  How about a clean install?
                  User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                  For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                  For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                  For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                  X