Is an updated version 8 available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is an updated version 8 available?

Is DVD Fab 8 still available and is there and updated version available? The last one that I have was released on 6/19/13 version 8.2.2.9.

That's the last one released bud.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

No more 8?

Do you mean.......no more version 8? From here on out there is only version 9?
      Version 8 is........dead?

Comment

I don't know if there will ever be any more version 8 that's up to the developers but I wouldn't count on it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

They really have to keep version 8 and should update it again as version 9 is not stable enough to take away version 8 as it's a good workaround.Version 9 it's like Disney land a work in progress every issue is a beta.
          Last edited by glenns; 11-26-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

An updated v8 I think is extremely unlikely. Please understand that the code for v8 and v9 has diverged to the point that it would require one or two full time positions to keep v8 running. The result of this would be to delay fixes and new features for the majority of users (who are on v9) just to keep v8 alive for the very small number that have not made the transition. As I advised more than a year ago, learn to love v9, it is the future.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

While I fully understand your point, and I don't mean to disagree with you, but I have to add that I bought a lifetime license based on the quality of version 8.x.x.x, which ran perfect, was very stable and I had no problems with at all. Version 9.x.x.x was out, but 8 was still being updated. Just a few months later, which is hardly a lifetime, updates for 8 were discontinued so I took your advice and tried 9.

At first it worked ok so I thought no big deal, this will work. But after 9.0.6.3, not a single version works at all on one of my two computers, in particular the one I use Fab on the most. This means I have to use it on my primary computer, which in addition also means that I have to stop whatever else I am doing when ever I want to use Fab. That is not an acceptable option.

I wouldn't mind if they didn't update 8 as often as 9, but 8 should still be updated occasionally. If for no other reason because it is stable and 9 is not, but also because paying customers still want it, specially those who've already paid for it. It just does not make sense to tell your paying customers they can not have what they have already paid for. That is a good way to lose their business.

If 9 was stable and was better than 8 I wouldn't care, but for myself and many others who've posted on this board, it's not. We may be a minority of Fab customers, but we are still paying customers like everyone else.

Comment

You can always rip a full disk to the HDD with version 9 and use the folder or iso image as the source with any version of 8 you want.

Albert Einstein

Comment

That is what I've been doing with 8.2.2.9 and 9.0.6.3. But I just bought DVD Creator, and I need "Fit to Disk", which isn't in 9.0.6.3. In any case, 8.2.2.9 just works better on my computer, and that is what I paid for, la la la... Just sayin'.

Comment

Working...
                  X