This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Custom Split

I'm using custom split to rip 2 episodes of Sherlock Holmes (Brett) into two separate episodes.

There are 3 entries - presumably a menu and two episodes. I ask for one episode on each disk and do not select the menu. In addition at screen 2 I ask for menus to be removed.

The program creates two directories. The first contains just episode 1 but the second contains episode 2 plus the menu and the menu plays first, so I now have to re-rip this, or rip the original DVD twice using the main menu option.

Unless I am missing something I cannot see why I have a menu on disk 2.

Ahhh, OK. On further investigation I finally see the problem. The second disk in the split doesn't inherit the settings unless you open the second page for the second disk. If you just accept the default names the second disk can get a different set of rip settings to the first.

Still irritating, but not as bad as I first thought.

Comment

It is done that way so that you have complete control of the characteristics of the two output folders. This copy mode has great flexibility. You can even split an episode between the two discs using the Title start/end settings if desired. See the attached screen capture. The menus are not included on the Title list. Use the preview window to see what they are.
      Attached Files
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks. I can see the logic now. There is so much functionality condensed into the DVD Fab menus and options pages that it takes a bit of experimentation to figure out exactly what it going on when you start using a new part of the product (this was my first use of custom split).

Comment

Working...
        X