fab no longer opens on my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fab no longer opens on my computer

I have not gotten any DVDFAB product to even open on my computer since version 9063 there is nothing in the log file at all for the newer versions, they wont open at all I cant seem to get a screen shot, as soon as I click on Fab to open it I get a microsoft error box that says there is a problem and FAB needs to close, it never opens! I am beyond frustrated having been reading your forums for days now and found no help, I cant send you information that is just plain not there, I've went to every address/shortcut you have told about in your advisement section and there is simply no information to send you, this has been going on since 11-11-13, is there anything at all you can tell me to help me please

I'd be willing to bet you are using Windows XP.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

My older computer has the same problem, and yes, it has XP. So how do we fix it without giving Micro$oft any more of our hard earned money for yet another copy of Windows?

My newer computer does not have this problem, as far as I know. It has XP too.

Comment

Compare the graphics adapters/drivers on those two XP machines, you might stumble across something.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You might be on to something there. I have often thought that the N in nvidia stands for "No".

But seriously, how much video memory does Fab 9.0.7.0. and up require? My nvidia card only has 64Mb.

Comment

Run dxdiag.exe on both machines and see what it reports concerning your DirectX versions on the two.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Both computers say DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Comment

9072 not opening

yes I am using windows XP and have been and its always worked fine before, it there something that can be done?

Comment

Run this little program and see what version of directx your GPU will support:

This is what you are looking for
                  Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

9072 not opening

direct X 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

I ran the GPU program and when the chart box comes up there is absolutely no information in it whatsoever

Comment

Plugged up my card and tried again:
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

It says "DirectX Support: 7.0 / SM0.0". So either dxdiag.exe is wrong or this program is. Because both of them can't be right...

Comment

reg410, check in device manager and see if a display adapter is listed. I put XP back on my old laptop and before I installed the software for the graphics adapter mine did the same thing a blank graph. After installed it filled out:
                          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm pretty much convinced now that it's the drivers that make the difference. With XP my laptop would not run 9.1.1.1 I dropped the W7 drive back in and it runs, not very fast mind you but it runs. XP with the best drivers Dell had to offer and W7 with native drivers is the only difference.
                            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

You could be right about drivers. But you do realize of course, that Dell is a highly proprietary system and that could also figure in to the results of your tests.

Comment

Working...
                              X