Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Common settings

temporary directory.

any changed value to another destination drive and/or folder is NOT being accepted. it is defaulting to the drive and folder where the movie file resides.

I backward to version 9.1.1.7 without success
    I had no problem with this before.

anyone else experiencing this?

See this thread....

Check this thread:

My problems with the program not remembering the output destination were cured with 9.1.1.9.

I created a folder named "DVDFab Output" and set the copy functions to that destination. For Clone/Burn I selected my drives. Fab now remembers the correct outputs even after a complete restart. The last version that let you set the output in "Common Settings" was v9.1.1.1. I know this seems weird, but it does function now. I definitely preferred the older setup, but this does work okay now that the output is saved.

Be sure you select the output destination on the main pages for copy main, copy full disc, clone/burn etc. as the common settings pull-down menu is now only for temp files destination and it will revert to the "Temp" directory setting.

Hope this helps you out!

-Toonces

Comment

my situation is reversed.

it was working on the previous versions and not on the v9.1.1.9
      I don't know what is going on here.

I tried your suggestion on a creating a separate folder, with a different name,
      it still not working with v9.1.1.9

I tried creating the folder in the local hard drive, to an external HD
      it's still not working.

I sent an email to fengtao as to why this is happening.
      at least fab is not crashing.

as I recall, prior to ver. 9,
      fab has a 'similar' problem with one of the updates, but fab won't even load at all then.
      it was fixed/corrected on the next beta release.
      Last edited by sireast; 12-19-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

It is unclear whether you mean the temp directory (which is set in Common Settings) or the output directory for writing VIDEO_TS folders or ISOs (which is set using the controls in the GUI). It should also remember the most recent output target locations in the drop down.

It remembers changes to the temp file and output folder locations for me (9119).
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

> It remembers changes to the temp file and output folder locations for me (9119).
          as I said before, the issue arises only on 9119.
          I DID NOT have this issue before 9119, prior beta's and official releases

common settings (drop down menu)
          |
          V
          temporary directory...
          2nd box from the right, next to settings

since I cannot copy and paste, here's what I can do...

temporary directory |_________________| | .... * | |settings|
          *the changed value here, if you change the path (drive:\folder) and click ok at bottom
          it closes the common settings menu...

and when you click on 'start' a pop-up window displays....

file exists on .....
          two or three options.
          - keep the same folder
          - create a different folder or something to that effect.

it did not accept the destination path on what you choose above (*).

- could it be a bad download of the file?
          - could it be a bad install of the downloaded file?
          ie. it did not copy the defaults from the previous version to the current version being installed?
          I did not get any message if there was a problem installing.

like Toones suggested, I will re-download the 9119 again and re-install it again.
          Last edited by sireast; 12-19-2013, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sireast View Post
            > It remembers changes to the temp file and output folder locations for me (9119).
            as I said before, the issue arises only on 9119.
            I DID NOT have this issue before 9119, prior beta's and official releases

temporary directory |_________________| | .... * | |settings|
            *the changed value here, if you change the path (drive:\folder) and click ok at bottom
            it closes the common settings menu...

like Toones suggested, I will re-download the 9119 again and re-install it again.
            Dear sireast,
            Only when creating a ISO or burning to a blank disc can DVDFab use the Temp Directory. Otherwise Temp Directory will not be applied.
            Did you want to change output directory(not the temp dir)?

Sincerely yours,
            -Ning
            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Default output folder

Comment

I too am trying to find in the SETTINGS how to keep a default directory for when I create an ISO using the COPY function for FULL DISC. This was available in previous versions of DVDFab but I do not see that is possible in the current versions. The directory keeps defaulting to the TEMP directory.

Comment

Working...
                X