Runs Very Slowly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runs Very Slowly

I was about to purchase DVD Copy as a present to myself but trial version 9.1.1.9. runs extremely slowly. Earlier versions still run fine at normal speeds.
    I just confirmed this again with pristine new DVDs. I'll use Terminator 2 as an example:
    Version 9119 copies at .6- 1.4mb/sec.
    Version 9063 & 9106 copy at full speed, starting at about 3mb/sec and accelerating to 8mb/sec+ very quickly.
    Same computer, disc drive & hard drives. OS is XP Pro.
    Any ideas? I can switch versions with the same DVD disc in the drive and see the speed difference.
    Discs are clean in perfect shape.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see any log files to show you guys, it just runs slow, like 1x speed.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Same here

Read starts and increases and then slows down to the point I cancel it and go back to version #8 which works great. I don't believe version #9 is as refined as #8. I included some logs. Please note I canceled the read process because of speed issue.
    Attached Files

Comment

I'm fine with 8229 or 9063 and 9106- 8mb/sec+. Just not any version 9 in the teens. I'll try version 8230 later today.

Comment

Version 8320 works great speed wise.
        Version 9119 will only work at full speed when I use a movie already in a folder from a hard drive, not an optical drive.
        I feel a little foolish, but I cannot find a settings tab to look for a "limit drive speed" or "quiet/whisper mode".

Comment

Need the internal log if the read speed is the problem. I can't reproduce your issue reading from optical drive?
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Nor can I, v9 is essentially the same speed as v8 on my machine. I have advised snafu by email to install ImgBurn and to post the output of the filter driver load order tool.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You might check in common settings the read settings and compare version 8 to 9 and see if the I/O mode or something is different between the two:
              Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

9119 DVD copy speed

I can confirm the speed problem mentioned above. Copying one DVD of The Killing which was four episodes totalling nearly 4 hours took just over 2 hours using 9119. I read the post about version 8 being quicker and tried version 8035 which I still had installed. Incredibly it read and compressed the DVD in 20 minutes, burning it in a few more. In total, the equivalent job took a quarter of the time using version 8. I also checked and compared the relevant settings between the two versions but found no discrepancies which would account for the vast time difference.

Comment

Perfect

The first time 9119 copied Red 2in 5 min. it ran perfectly. Good job Fab.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                    Need the internal log if the read speed is the problem. I can't reproduce your issue reading from optical drive?
                    As I said in one of my earlier posts, I am embarrassed to admit that although I can find them on any version 8, I can't find the "log files" and "common settings" on version 9119. I see the "advanced settings" box, but nothing relevant to your query comes up.
                    Once again, the ver. 8. I bought works well, version 9119 is super slow & I cannot find a way to access common settings & logs.
                    Thank you very much, especially signals.

Comment

Find them here:
                      Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Are you serious?!! I thought that was the "eject disc" icon. Yeah, I feel stupid.
                        On ver. 8230 I/O shows "auto". On 9119 it shows the same.

Comment

You are of course welcome, but I should point out again that I can't duplicate this slow running, and you still have not posted a log or the text file output from ImgBurn->Tools->Filter driver Load Order, please do that.

You may also try:
                          1) In DVDFab Common Settings, set the I/O control to SPTI
                          2) Same place, UNcheck the read ahead cache.
                          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I see the logs
                            1) Which Log do you want? I think I saw 5 options.
                            2) When do I get it, right after the program opens, or after it has scanned a movie & is ready to start the decrypt?

In 9119 I changed both things you suggested & it did speed up, still not as fast as 8230 with the same movie. (14min versus 26min)

Comment

SNAFU: Why don't you compare versions 8&9 with a regular blu ray? Could be something with this one disk and the way version 9 reads it.I did this test with a regular blu ray and version 8 was 1 min. faster than version 9.

paulandkate:Your test was different as you compressed the movie.We are not talking about compression but being you brought it up...

Version 9 should put version 8 to shame in speed if you check use lightning shrink in version 9 and use cuda or quick sync. Version 8 doesn't have this.Don't confuse with lightning recording they both have that.

Version 9 will do the convert in much less time in my case i did a 44 gig blu ray 109 mins. in version 8 and 34 mins. in version 9 with quick sync using a I7 processor.

Also if ripping from store brought disk directly to a compression mode version 9 will use lightning shrink and kill the time of version 8.Any compression from the hard drive will also use lightning shrink if you have cuda or quick sync.It won't work with 3d yet and their are some exceptions.You can read about lightning shrink on the front Fab page.
                              Last edited by glenns; 01-03-2014, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X