This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't figure out Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

When I put in the DVD, I get 9 titles showing movies, 6 showing 1:29:48 and 3 showing 1:30:38.

The six are numbered 1(1), 1(2) and 1(3); then 2(1), 2(2) and 2(3).

I'm thinking some are 4:3 and 16:9.

The three are 24, 25 and 26.

Which should I copy?

I looked at the display when viewing and it said Title 1.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ray

Do you have pathplayer enabled also maybe read the Help Us Help You sticky and then post the information it say in this thread of yours so we can better understand how to help you instead of playing 20 questions.

Thread moved to DVD to DVD section

Comment

I just did this title R1, it has a 1st that I have never seen before.

It has TWO screen ratios on the disc, OK we've seen this before. Full Screen and Widescreen (1.85 or 2.35) on the same DVD pressing, some are flippers, some on the same side and you make a choice. With "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" you get two choices, BUT the choices are both Widescreen, one is 1.85 the other is 2.35, never seen that before.

Wide or Extra-Wide:

DVDFab 6.2.1.8 extracted to HD in about 12 mins, Path Player always enabled !

@AGJ or other mods, looks like we only have two (2) Meatball threads, can they be merged ?

Heres' the other thread: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ight=meatballs
      Last edited by AlienX69; 01-06-2010, 11:33 AM.
      AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

Originally posted by AlienX69 View Post
        ... DVDFab 6.2.1.8 extracted to HD in about 12 mins, Path Player always enabled ! ...
        For Movie-only backup, 6.2.1.8 with PP enabled selects the cropped 16:9 version--green framed in pic, Title 2(1) with play time of 1:29:48. The theatrical release version--red framed--is Title 1(1) with play time of 1:29:46. If PP is disabled, 6.2.1.8 selects some bogus Title 24 with play time of 1:30:38.

Comment

Yes, I understand, but what I'm trying to make a point of is this is out of the norm for what is considered "Full Screen". In the past "Full Screen" always meant 1.33:1 or 4x3 for the old square TV's. Now with everyone moving to WS (16x9) TV's will this be considered the NEW Full Screen, taking a 2.35 ratio and converting it to 1.85/1.78 and calling it "Full Screen", that could get confusing since there is still a lot of out there with a 1.33 ratio.

The back of the case even says "Full Screen" and "Theatrical Widesreen" versions. In my mindset these are BOTH WS anamorphic versions, not "Full Screen".

This was the point I was making.
          AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

The back of the case even says "Full Screen" and "Theatrical Widesreen" versions. In my mindset these are BOTH WS anamorphic versions, not "Full Screen".

Sorry AX, I understood your point, and it is weird that the term FS is used in this manner. I didn't mean to contradict or dispute anything you've said. My reply was actually meant as more clarification for the OP.

Comment

Yes, I understand, but what I'm trying to make a point of is this is out of the norm for what is considered "Full Screen". In the past "Full Screen" always meant 1.33:1 or 4x3 for the old square TV's. Now with everyone moving to WS (16x9) TV's will this be considered the NEW Full Screen, taking a 2.35 ratio and converting it to 1.85/1.78 and calling it "Full Screen", that could get confusing since there is still a lot of out there with a 1.33 ratio.

Point understood and I agree on the size

But it is not that people are moving to wide-screen it's because everyone is being forced into wide-screen.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
              Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

@tli np, I didn't take it as a contradiction, I was also trying to clarify further. I have the what I need to make my back up, but not sure how I want to create. Never was tasked with which WS do I put on the backup. It's pretty obvous when you have a 1.33 and either 1.85 or 2.35 which to keep for WS viewing, trash the 1.33.

In this case, for my backup I will keep just the 2.35 so I can put it on a SL disc. The 1.85 is still Chop & Crop as I like to call Pan & Scan.

@bean
                everyone is being forced into wide-screen
                Well at least it is for better viewing, a good thing. I usta hate watch 2.35 on my 32 Sq. TV ......
                Last edited by AlienX69; 01-06-2010, 03:06 PM.
                AX

Comment

... Never was tasked with which WS do I put on the backup. It's pretty obvous when you have a 1.33 and either 1.85 or 2.35 which to keep for WS viewing, trash the 1.33.

In this case, for my backup I will keep just the 2.35 so I can put it on a SL disc. The 1.85 is still Chop & Crop as I like to call Pan & Scan. ...
                  That's exactly what I did too. When that initial selection screen first appeared, I was puzzled as to what the 2 choices offered were until I viewed both versions. I never even noticed or read the packaging info.

Comment

I hope this confusing procedure does not become the norm, and I don't think it will--takes up too much disc space. The two Meatballs threads would not merge well times so I have closed the other one.
                    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

After blanking Title 2 (1.85 version) and keeping the Previews and Special Features it cuts the folder size down to 4.17 Gb (4,428,161,024 bytes) it fits on a SL very comfortable.

Regards,
                      AX

Comment

Having Trouble With Cloudy With Chance Of Meatballs

I have read the previous posts and I have tried to decode my paid version of Cloudy with a chance of meatballs and it doesn't work with the newest paid version DVDFab or newest beta version. It will decode 93% and then give an error msg....Help please before the kids scratch it

Comment

LOL thanks for the corrections guys! BURN

@ALienX69

I usta hate watch 2.35 on my 32 Sq. TV ...... (you did what?)

regards rip

Comment

Originally posted by scorpioebu View Post
                            It will decode 93% and then give an error msg....
                            And the error msg was ? Neep to provide more info !! See link in my sig "Help Us Help You" and the path to the log files !!

Originally posted by ripvanwinkle1819 View Post
                            @ALienX69
                            I usta hate watch 2.35 on my 32 Sq. TV ...... (you did what?)
                            The old square TV tubes, and trying to watch a movie with a screen ration of 2.35:1. The horiz. black bars take up approx. 2/3 of the horiz area ...... terrible viewing ?
                            Last edited by AlienX69; 01-07-2010, 02:21 PM.
                            AX

Comment

I have the newest version and when I put in the disc (Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs) it just spins but never goes beyond open dvd source. I have checked the dvd in the player and it plays fine and there are no scratches on the disc. Any ideas.

Comment

Working...
                              X